Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ref yesterday....

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Loved the way he used his spray for every free kick, regardless where it was. Only thing was, he forgot to mark ten yards from the original mark.
I thought it was funny anyway, was expecting him to mark the penalty spot !

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He was also marking the wrong way, parallel to the touchline. He was also one of the worst refs I can remember and thank God it wasn't a high profile match.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Yep. Terrible ref. When we win 4-1 and he gives us a penalty, you know he is bad if a lot of people say he is.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I thought that he was very poor gave no controversial decisions but his general control and decision making was awful.

I thought it was quite controversial to award us a free kick deep in our own half when Glenn Murray was through, one-on-one with the keeper. I got quite cross.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I thought it was quite controversial to award us a free kick deep in our own half when Glenn Murray was through, one-on-one with the keeper. I got quite cross.
Especially after he waited to see if we had an advantage, saw we did and then brought it back.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I liked his use of the spray to mark where free kicks should be taken. Footballers tend to have
an inability to work this out for themselves. Some strange decisions late in the second half and I wasn't convinced about Solly's penalty award but other than that he didn't have many decisions to make. Perhaps he should have booked the player who took out AK near the halfway line.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I felt he was poor in each half for different reasons.

First half it felt like he had forgotten his whistle and would barely give a free kick. Second half it felt like he was making up for it and there were free kicks every few seconds.

Wasn't convinced about our penalty or the free kick for their goal (but what a goal!) but I guess they evened themselves out

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I thought his use of the spray can for every free kick should be adopted by all refs. Also time togive linesman a spray can for marking out where the thrown in needs to be taken off. Immediately stops the gaining of a yard or 5.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I felt he was poor in each half for different reasons.

First half it felt like he had forgotten his whistle and would barely give a free kick. Second half it felt like he was making up for it and there were free kicks every few seconds.

Wasn't convinced about our penalty or the free kick for their goal (but what a goal!) but I guess they evened themselves out

Surprised he didn't order the kick to be re-taken. I think it was Baldock who was damn-near level to Hemed when he scored.

That said, Burton players encroached too, so I don't know if there's now a directive that if players of both sides do that, it evens itself out.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Especially after he waited to see if we had an advantage, saw we did and then brought it back.

And then didn't even book their player.

Terrible official. Wasn't he the one we had at Huddersfield? He wasn't very good there either, though not the reason we lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He was poor all game.

Thank god it didn't impact on the result. Unlike Pawson's performance later.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
And then didn't even book their player.

Terrible official. Wasn't he the one we had at Huddersfield? He wasn't very good there either, though not the reason we lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No - he was Mr "2 rescinded red cards" from Forest v Newcastle. He also did the Villa home game. That is the problem with professional Championship refs - they screw up and you are still stuck with them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Akpom gets his shirt visibly and literally ripped from his body and the free kick goes the other way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here