Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it too early to start thinking we're going up?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we can start by beating ipswich .......we have to have the mindset that preston , lincoln + hudds were our glitch....brentford should probably be included in that .....from here on in we must remain unbeaten away and win at home ....time to man up and get this finished.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This is our year. Of course we're going up. We've had our blip. We lived, we learnt.

Our best starting 11 are all nearly back to match fitness. Our squad should be stronger for the remainder of the season than it's been all season. I think we're on course to achieving the dream.

Last edited:

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
It's much too early. We are in the driving seat, but Huddersfield have form and an easier fixture schedule. Most of their difficult upcoming games are at home. Given the form of both Newcastle and Huddersfield the bookies are weakening our odds on promotion and winning the title.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Huddersfield are the only team I'm worried about (unless we loose to Reading). But they are certainly within striking distance so yes far too early. The chasing pack is thinning out though I think with less and less contenders. One team is bound to make a run but think (first sentance taken into account) we're far enough ahead of most of the division that it should be a 3 or 4 horse race in another month's time. Until mid-late March though don't think this discussion should be had.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield gained 5 points on us last week, so yes much too early

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
We should now be focussing on Newcastle and Huddersfield. Leeds are falling too far back and shouldn't be able to catch us now

It's interesting to look at the upcoming fixtures because they show that the run-in is very different fur the top 3

Games left against teams in top 6:
Newcastle: 4 away 1 home - that's tough!
Brighton: 2 home 1 away
Huddersfield: 2 home, none away - that's easier!

Games left against teams in top 12:
Newcastle 4 home, 6 away
Brighton: 4 home 3 away
Huddersfield: 5 home 3 away

Maybe Newcastle will slip up?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Just run through the fixtures for the top 3 and I have it tight, with us 2nd but only by a point (with 90). My bhafc predictions are probably a bit pessimistic but small margins could still swing this.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I refuse to contemplate finishing in the top 2.
We are Brighton, we don't do straight forward.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I'm hoping Huddersfield keep their F.A cup run going. It always seems to effect league form!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Yes. I'm one of those spoilsports that hates the "we're going up" chants, particularly after what happened last year. Albeit I think we have a better chance this year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here