Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cyclists protesting about road safety

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I know that some of the deaths have been due to driving issues - and that
is sad and a big problem, No argument there.

But ffs - cyclists act as if it's everyone else's fault.
They themselves need to start obeying the rules of the road themselves, stop
jumping red lights, using common sense and stop riding up the blind inside of
vehicles.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And teachers get too many holidays.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cyclists are tossers, end of.

They're not as bad as people who use public transport though. I mean, come on, what you thinking?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So bored with the whole Cyclists v Motorists in cities battle. Both as bad as each other but because one is wrapped in metal and a lot faster but with less visibility it's not surprising that cyclists will come off a lot worse. If you can't accept this imperfect situations then wait for the bus, tube or train. Or get in a car. There are alternative choices.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
I've been riding through central Brighton for many years. 95% of near misses I have seen have been cyclists faults. There is some absolute bell nuts cycling now days. It's mainly the ones with no lights, no helmets and all in black.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It's the Spandex Wankers who ride two abreast just so they can have a leisurely chat, completely oblivious to the inconvenience they are causing, and the potential danger of going opposite side of road to get past etc.

Spandex Wankers. We should force them to ride only in velodromes, public parks, private land, or static in gyms.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
So bored with the whole Cyclists v Motorists in cities battle. Both as bad as each other but because one is wrapped in metal and a lot faster but with less visibility it's not surprising that cyclists will come off a lot worse. If you can't accept this imperfect situations then wait for the bus, tube or train. Or get in a car. There are alternative choices.

Totally agree. No matter who's 'fault' it is when a cyclist gets knocked over, it's the cyclist that is constantly at risk of fatal injury by 'competing' with huge chunks of metal. Sorry but no matter how angry you get or 'unfair' you think it is, the roads are built for cars and drivers simply do not see cyclists. I feel like screaming at spandex nazis who bring their kids into this loaded equation, f***ing tw*ts!, Like it's going to make motorists take more care, or grow an extra pair of eyes. Sorry, but if they don't see you, you could get killed and your kids could get killed too. Simple. If you want to wage war in your spandex with your silly hat and £6k bike, fair enough, just don't bring your kids onto the battlefield. This really gets my goat. It may not be 'right' or 'just' or whatever you want to call it, thats not the point. You are still putting yourself at massive risk by taking a bike onto the roads. Yeah, the world ain't perfect, f**king deal with it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
jumping red lights
When I walk the kids the short distance to school, they have regular near misses from cyclists who think the red lights don't apply to them.

Obviously I realise not all cyclists are like that, just as not all car drivers are bad. But it's bad how often it happens.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Liverpool has a plague of cyclists going full speed along the pavements in the city centre. I wouldn't want to trust the psycho taxi drivers and bus drivers on the actual roads, but cyclists have no place in crowded pavements.

And don't get me started on the inconsiderate pizza delivery cyclists who really don't give toss who they mow down, just to keep the crust a bit warmer.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It's the Spandex Wankers who ride two abreast just so they can have a leisurely chat, completely oblivious to the inconvenience they are causing, and the potential danger of going opposite side of road to get past etc.

Spandex Wankers. We should force them to ride only in velodromes, public parks, private land, or static in gyms.

Totally agree, riding two or three abreast happens all the time here, especially on the country lanes.
I don't have a problem with them until they do this, total disregard and selfishness.
I think some kind of road tax should be imposed on them so that they pay some towards the services they use, just like motorists.
Wearing Lycra is now the law for cyclists, they must get a free set with every bike purchased it would seem.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I used to cycle everywhere when I was younger, I always stayed tight to the curb and never rode on the pavement, as you were considered a pussy if you did.
I never had any problems, never wore Lycra or a helmet.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
stop riding up the blind inside of
vehicles.

Take waiting at traffic lights as an example-

Unless it's a large vehicle there is no such thing,when waiting for a red that goes green a very large percentage of people do NOT, when pulling away check their nearside and nearside mirrors for such things as god forbid,a cyclist..

I am not a cyclist,just a professional driver and even i, whilst driving my car get into sloppy non checking habit on the odd occasion.

We do all have to share the road,but common sense is the key,drivers really do need to think bike/biker much much more and cyclists need to be seen and wear some more visible clothing and have better lights.

I personally will never ride on the road,far too many impatient drivers,end of.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I know that some of the deaths have been due to driving issues - and that
is sad and a big problem, No argument there.

jumping red lights, using common sense and stop riding up the blind inside of
vehicles

What does that mean? Where should they go - on the driver's side of vehicles?

If there's a 'blind side', it implies drivers don't have the correct mirrors and/or visibility, which is in itself bloody dangerous.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here