Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How good can Solly March become?...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
This lads a very very special talent.

Providing he manages to steer away from the consistent injuries that have blighted his career so far then I am confident full international honours will undoubtedly happen.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
His close control is unbelievable. I remember it was 2/3 years ago that Bruno was asked who the most technically gifted footballer at the club was. He said Solly without hesitation. I think he could go VERY far.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Best bit of business in the January window getting him fit and playing. He seemed a bit "timid" about being tackled in the first couple of games but that has gone now and he is getting better each game.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If we can keep Solly and Knocky fit on both wings for the rest of the run in then I think we stand a very good chance.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He's very special indeed.

With him getting back to his imperious best, it'll be impossible for opposing teams to put multiple players on both him and Knocky simultaneously. We'll get them either on the right or the left or through the gaping hole left in the middle.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
What has impressed me since he has come back is the huge improvement in his strength on the ball. My only criticism of March in the past was that he was a bit soft and easily bullied off the ball (understandable for a young winger) but his physic and strength are taking him to the next level. As mentioned previously his close control is mesmerising, I just hope he can stay fit for the rest of the season and beyond as he has been so unlucky with injuries

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Undeniable talent and enormous potential, he has just got to add consistency both within a game and for a number of games. I remember watching one match just before his injury and hoped he would be taken off at half time as he was embarrassing. In the second half he came out and was incredible, dancing effortlessly passed defenders and sending over dangerous crosses. He does seem to be getting more consistent but still has a way to go.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
He's very special indeed.

With him getting back to his imperious best, it'll be impossible for opposing teams to put multiple players on both him and Knocky simultaneously. We'll get them either on the right or the left or through the gaping hole left in the middle.

Agreed. Those 2 can lead us to the promised land.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He's a joy to watch, box office gold right now. The main reason stayed until the final whistle - didn't care about or expect more goals, just wanted to watch him nutmeg and turn the opposition a few more times. Was thinking this as people were leaving in their thousands with 15mins to go i.e. Game was won so could understand knocking off early but what a shame missing his tricks. Great to watch!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Undeniable talent and enormous potential, he has just got to add consistency both within a game and for a number of games. I remember watching one match just before his injury and hoped he would be taken off at half time as he was embarrassing. In the second half he came out and was incredible, dancing effortlessly passed defenders and sending over dangerous crosses.
That was at home to Cardiff. I don't think that's an example of him being inconsistent, that was the game when he realised he was better than the opposition, and he's never looked back.

He does seem to be getting more consistent but still has a way to go.
Hughton said in an interview the other day that Knockaert was the type of player that wouldn't be able to produce every game. Although different, I expect that could also apply a little to Solly.

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
Solly March is an unbelieveable player don't get me wrong, the only thing that does my head in is the fact he is so left footed it's painful sometimes. Whilst there's no doubting his ability and I know most players favour one foot, but his right boot is almost non existent will that caught out in the prem?
Minor rant aside though what a player we have at the club and let's hope we can keep hold of him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here