• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,621

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Connor Goldson, about 6 hours ago.

I was so surprised to see him walking towards me, through the masses, outside the North Stand, half an hour before kick off.

The best I couple muster was 'oh that was Connor', to jnr just after we'd passed.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
At my son's school a couple of years ago the end of year sports awards were being given by Johnny Williams who was an ex pupil and was at Palace at the time.
His football team had won the league so were invited up on stage to collect the trophy. The Captain was given the trophy and every other member of the team walked passed Johnny Williams to shake his hand - except my son who completely blanked him and walked passed without shaking his hand! So proud of him!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Not me but my dad.

Was having a drink with him in the Hove Park Tavern and I mentioned that Steve Foster was in the bar. He was a proud ex-Raf Regiment veteran and said "who"?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Yep, about ten years back I spotted Brian May with Anita Dobson at Gatwick Airport. I went on over and asked Anita for her autograph saying I was a big fan of "Anyone Can Fall in Love"

Mr May did not look too happy.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
My dad blanked Ricky Gervais a few years back in the Churchill Square car park. Didn't realise who it was on account of the fact he'd left his glasses in the car.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My missus gave John Nettles a horse riding lesson (he was having to ride a horse in an episode of Midsummer Murders).....she didn't have a clue who he was.

:lolol:

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Yep, about ten years back I spotted Brian May with Anita Dobson at Gatwick Airport. I went on over and asked Anita for her autograph saying I was a big fan of "Anyone Can Fall in Love"

Mr May did not look too happy.

You wasn't coming back from Vegas was you? I bumped into them at Gatwick in 2009?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Dave Gahan when Depeche Mode played Jenkinsons in their very early days... stood at the bar trying to get a drink when some fella starts waving his money about, gently eased him out of the way (shoved) when I then realised who it was.... sorry Dave!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I blanked Ian Paisley when standing beside him in the gents at the Commons. He was f'ing huge. Height and bulk, I mean; I studiously avoided looking at other areas of his anatomy.

I inadvertently blanked David Attenborough in the bookshop of the RA at the summer exhibition about 5 years ago. "Did you mean to blank David Attenborough?" says the good lady Doctor, her indoors. "Huh?" respond I, eloquently. :facepalm:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Tim Rathbone, when he was MP for Lewes. He tried to play the "Do you know who I am ?" card . Told him "Nope, haven't a clue".

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Infamous rather than famous - years ago I had to have dealings with David Irving. I hung up on him when he insisted that Auschwitz was only a slave labour camp.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Bradley Walsh, oddly enough we were at the House of Lords and he was standing behind me at security, to make things worse it was also the day after this years NTAs, and the chase had won an award! :facepalm:

Also spotted David Cameron in Chelsea whilst I was having lunch a couple of months back, he looked pretty rough.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I blanked Anna Wintour in New York last year actually I had no idea who she was.

Meanwhile, Mrs Van Winkle was freaking out.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Infamous rather than famous - years ago I had to have dealings with David Irving. I hung up on him when he insisted that Auschwitz was only a slave labour camp.

I met him once. I was working in a bookshop and he came in acting as a rep for his own book on Goebbels. It didn't click who he was for a second and I was admiring the, really very good quality, photos in the middle of the book when I realised it was THAT David Irving. We didn't take any.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here