Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ginger domination

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought Steve Sidwell was superb today, my man of the match.

Today he combined strength in the tackle with a very good range of passes. Did a lot of the basic stuff very very well. Constantly kept the ball moving in the right places.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He really was excellent, tigerish in the tackle -- he won numerous balls -- and kept things ticking over. Perhaps because I'm a hopeless romantic, I love wing-play, especially of the orthodox (rather than inverted) sort, so March was my MotM, but I can understand why others would plump for Sidwell.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If Stephens is out, surely the best man to play with Kayal. Adds a bit of steel to midfield. He's been brilliant.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Stephens is out, surely the best man to play with Kayal. Adds a bit of steel to midfield. He's been brilliant.
It took me a long time to reach the conclusion Stephen's just isn't 'alpha', which is all fine and dandy, right up to the moment you pair him with someone else lacking that (as you put it) steel.

I'm not so sure Kayal and Sidwell, together, works as they are very similar, hence the need for Norwood.

It's almost as if the recruitment team know what they're doing!

Oh and yes, Sidwell like everyone else, had a great game.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
With the thread title I was thinking something a bit more NSFW but from listening on the radio it sounded like Sidwell had a great game

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Sidwell was very good today, but nobody came close to Solly, even two goal Hemed.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Agree, Sidwell was my man of the match. Outstanding at winning the ball back and excellent passing too.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It took me a long time to reach the conclusion Stephen's just isn't 'alpha', which is all fine and dandy, right up to the moment you pair him with someone else lacking that (as you put it) steel.

I'm not so sure Kayal and Sidwell, together, works as they are very similar, hence the need for Norwood.

It's almost as if the recruitment team know what they're doing!

Oh and yes, Sidwell like everyone else, had a great game.

Everyone had a great game?!

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
He had an excellent game, just wish he would try and turn forward before looking to pass backwards EVERY time.

I know it works well cos he generally keeps the ball but because he doesn't turn forwards defenders get to know it and he can get caught and get himself into trouble, as in the second half at one point

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sidwell was very good today, but nobody came close to Solly, even two goal Hemed.

Really.....................................I take it you arrived at half time if Solly was MOM...............Sidwell by far the best player on the pitch by a million miles. Solly opened up for the goals but I got the feeling the whole match he was a bit scared - They were poor though and didn't capitalise on that

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who got the mom I swear they didn't announce it?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Passion and determination has certainly kept his career going this extra year and I think he can have a decent season this year if not quite as elite as the current one (bit like Bruno last year just loosing a few % but still being 'very good').

Sidwell was definitely a great signing, bringing age AND ability to a young but character laden squad. A good player to have should it get a bit tight and scrappy later in the season too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here