Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Else Admit To Discretely Applauding The Burton Goal?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't remember the last time I did such a thing. And it always helps when you're 3-0 up at the time. But that really was one exquisite free-kick. :clap2:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Didn't applaud no but did say "what a goal" to my mate. Nothing you can do about that

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Yeah, I did a bit.

It was a great free kick and, at point in the game, could be afforded grudging admiration

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Full blown applause and 'top strike' in WSU. Then a grumble about whether it was really a free kick or not, obviously ��

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Can't remember the last time I did such a thing. And it always helps when you're 3-0 up at the time. But that really was one exquisite free-kick. :clap2:

Lookman's goal for Charlton I definitely applauded. May be the last one before today...

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I applauded it without even realising. He couldn't have placed it better if he'd manually walked it up to the goal and put it there by hand.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes me too.

You can't grumble about a strike that good going in.

If the score hadn't been 3-0, I daresay my response would have been less sporting

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, cracking goal. Not convinced a free kick should have been given though

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I applauded the same player who did some fancy footwork to clear from defence a little earlier.

Didn't realise til your post that it was the same player. But me and everyone around me in the North muttered how well their number 28 did playing his team out of severe pressure at that point.

Sounds a bit like a patronising Albion-Albion love-in. Tho it really wasn't. Don't think anyone applauded the away support numbers. They might as well have been a mural for all the support they gave to their team. Probably only here to tick a new ground off their trainspotting list. **** 'em!

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Person next to me applauded. I complained.

I don't care if it was a good goal, I want us to win by as many as possible. Do you people not remember last year?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Nothing discreet about it. I did. Great free-kick. Don't think applauding a bit of skill like that was a big deal a couple of decades back - pretty much everyone used to, especially if the game's not tight.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here