Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burton

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Good god they where pretty bang average. Thought they would bus park but seemed to just let us play and we sunk to their level for a period.

Not seen much worse this season.

theboybilly

Hard to disagree but I can't be too hard on them. They've a small squad and are really overachieving. They gave it a go, and you'll not see a better free kick taken for their goal. It looked perfectly placed from where I was seated in WSL. Albion were just too strong without really needing to push themselves. It all felt a bit MK Dons to me

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Bit of a harsh thread considering their budget and limited squad because of it.

They at least came to try and play but unfortunately played into our hands. Scored a very good goal.

To keep them up would be an achievement in itself.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I would love them to stay up.

Their full backs won't often come up against wingers of the quality of Solly and Knocky.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Very harsh thread imo

They have a ground capacity of 6.912, the next smallest is Rotherham with 12.000 and Burton have the smallest player budget in the division. 2nd half they seemed to give it a go, even though they were 3-0 down, which a few other teams just haven't bothered doing even with a closer scoreline

What did you expect from a club that was non league a few seasons ago and is probably the equivalent of when we were at Withdean and made the Championship, we were never going to be much of a threat to the top teams in the division back then so why would Burton (in similar circumstances) be that to us now

Hope they stay up and hopefully if they play like they did 2nd half, they will have a better chance of doing that then if they just park the bus (an early goal helped us and they may well have done that if we hadn't got it)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yes they were very average.
But they tried to play and didn't resort to any dirty play even when Solly was tearing them apart.

Hope they stay up.
Don't think they will though

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Fair play to them for trying to play football. They kept the ball well without threatening too much. Had a few players out today as well. Them staying up would be a massive achievement and i hope they do.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I thought Sordell was very dangerous twisting and turning in the area and the number 36 Irvine was superb in midfield. Fortunately they didn't have enough good players to compete with us when we stepped up a gear.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
Forget their budget, gates etc, I thought Burton were truly awful and we would have scored more had we not sunk to their level for long periods. The number 6 Ben Turner must rank as one of the worst (and heaviest) players I've seen.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Didnt think they were that bad, think we could have scored more if we really went for it but even they looked dangerous in the second half

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
To me it is a possible 'banana skin' game which we won in a clinical manner. No concerns either way regarding them, 3 points and move on to a toughie v Ipswich.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Burton's relative size didn't stop Liz Costa from sticking the boot in on the radio, pre game.
That is before she moved her sights onto a dig at Barber-out.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
They played how Cloughie senior would want. Not sitting back and parking the bus but playing to their ability. Sadly that ability is not good enough.
Their April run in is awful-
Hudders (A)
Newcastle (A)
Villa (H)
two games then
Leeds (H)
Barnsley (A)
Reading (H)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't know when NSC started, but I can just imagine the reactions 15 or so years ago, when as 'plucky little Brighton' from the Withdean and without a pot to piss in, punching above our weight like Burton are, we went away to one of the 'big' teams and lost - only for the fans of the 'big' team to start sneering about how rubbish we were.

Exactly. So I wonder why we are doing just that now.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I don't know why but the fact their nick name is the brewers and their badge looks like a fella with a beer belly kicking a football, amuses me. Hope they do well and stay up just for that.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Harsh

I thought they gave it a go. I think they have enough to stay up.

I hope they do as they will easily take 6 points off palace next year.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Exactly as others have said. It was like Us at the Withdean turning up at West Ham, Derby, Leeds etc a dozen years ago. We weren't expected to win and mostly we didn't! Why? Because we didn't have a pot to piss in by comparison. Just like Burton!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here