Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuala Lumpur

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Have not visited for 15 years but will be there over the Easter weekend can anyone recommend a hotel ( up to £100 per night)
also should I book the Petronis Tower before we arrive or just turn up on the day?

Ta very much

yes I know I might miss the promotion game but this was booked last May.....( might be up for selling my ESU seats on)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
£500 for 3 games (2 seats ) to you Triggaar
Nice deal, but I'm already in the ESU.

I will be back for the last home game and last 2 away games
Oh that's not too bad then. Don't worry, you won't miss a promotion game.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Word of caution: Malaysian taxis are notorious locally for being very rude and overcharging foreigners (there were several stories in which European tourists were robbed of at least RM300 by taximen), so for travelling, you're better off with Über or GrabCar

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Have not visited for 15 years but will be there over the Easter weekend can anyone recommend a hotel ( up to £100 per night)
also should I book the Petronis Tower before we arrive or just turn up on the day?

Ta very much

yes I know I might miss the promotion game but this was booked last May.....( might be up for selling my ESU seats on)

Went with the Mrs in December and stayed at the Renaissance, booked via Booking.com for £41 a night. They have just renovated the East wing where rooms will set you back £60 a night. Fantastic location less than 10 mins walk to Petronas towers and immediately adjacent to the monorail so you can get pretty much city wide within 20/25 minutes for roughly 60p a journey.

PM me if you want any other recommendations.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
It's a perfectly adequate no frills hotel in a great location! The price doesn't include any breakfast, it just has a simple cafe/restaurant tacked onto its side. Why pay more if it comes with a recommendation? I'm sure you'd pay closer to £100 if you weren't booking direct with the hotel.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Stayed here

http://www.theroyalechulan.com/

Very nice hotel- the breakfast set up is amazing- best I have ever seen- everything you could possibly want to eat and more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stayed at the Shangri-La - very central, and front desk booked the table at Petronas Tower.

Me too last September and going to again soon - for the price, anything like this hotel in KL is about 25% of the cost of an equivalent 5* room in London. Brilliant value, brilliant service.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
£500 for 3 games (2 seats ) to you Triggaar yes I am a bit bothered but I will be back for the last home game and last 2 away games and I just want to see us up there, so I can live with it as im on a 3 week holiday in Asia

What sort of football fan books a holiday at the business end of the season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here