Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HACIENDA CLASSICAL coming to Brighton Racecourse this Summer

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Head-mental must-see of the Summer?

http://www.brighton-racecourse.co.uk/whats-on/event/hacienda-classical/

FAC 51 The Hacienda and northern experimental orchestra: Manchester Camerata bring their acclaimed HACIENDA CLASSICAL to Brighton Racecourse this summer.

'We see DJs who shaped The Hacienda sound - Mike Pickering and Graeme Park - collaberate with the Camerata for a night of classic dance music, innovately adapted and meticulously arranged.
As the Haciendas dance heritage collides with the world of classical music, reactions to to this concert have been widely celebrated with dates selling out in minutes and great responses from the audiences.'

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Head-mental must-see of the Summer?

http://www.brighton-racecourse.co.uk/whats-on/event/hacienda-classical/

FAC 51 The Hacienda and northern experimental orchestra: Manchester Camerata bring their acclaimed HACIENDA CLASSICAL to Brighton Racecourse this summer.

'We see DJs who shaped The Hacienda sound - Mike Pickering and Graeme Park - collaberate with the Camerata for a night of classic dance music, innovately adapted and meticulously arranged.
As the Haciendas dance heritage collides with the world of classical music, reactions to to this concert have been widely celebrated with dates selling out in minutes and great responses from the audiences.'

My dear god that sounds bloody awful,

Damn I won't be able to sit outside that Saturday night enjoying the barmy sunny evening without hearing that shite.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Race course seems to be getting for loads of stuff like this at the moment. The inside interior is a bit naff and reminds me of some 90s rave in a conference centre or something but pretty good to see stuff like this pop up.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hopefully we have an away friendly which will mean getting back too late to attend this event

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Fair enough. Guess if you fell for that contrived UK rockabilly shite circa 1979-1981 then this was never going to be your bag.

Ha your right and no I did not fall for that pop'o'billy.

I am not narrow minded to music and have a fairly wide and varied taste, I just wonder who they are appealing to with this sound, i am genuinely struggling to think what it would sound like, and who they are trying to appeal too surely not the same people smashed off their tits who were at the Hacienda (by the way I saw the meteors play there).

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I am not narrow minded to music and have a fairly wide and varied taste, I just wonder who they are appealing to with this sound, i am genuinely struggling to think what it would sound like, and who they are trying to appeal too surely not the same people smashed off their tits who were at the Hacienda (by the way I saw the meteors play there).

You'd be surprised mate. A lot of 30-40 somethings go to this kind of stuff as their 1 big night out every 6 months. I went to the Basement Jaxx thing, and from about 11pm on wards it was full of that crowd swedgered up.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013

It'll be geared mostly towards 40/50 somethings that we're into that scene.
This town is full of people who still have one foot firmly back in their roots but like being entertained in new ways.
I personally think it'll be immense. Different strokes and all that... Meteors at the Hacienda... even more old school than acid house... kudos for that sir!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
It'll be geared mostly towards 40/50 somethings that we're into that scene.
This town is full of people who still have one foot firmly back in their roots but like being entertained in new ways.
I personally think it'll be immense. Different strokes and all that... Meteors at the Hacienda... even more old school than acid house... kudos for that sir!

I'm 'one of those' and have been invited to this up here, but in two minds..is it a sit down and clap scenario, or do they allow/encourage you to get up and sway or even dance along..? Not sure it's for me really, even tho the music is meant to be awesome (and went to Hacienda mid 90's when it was still just ok)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here