Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridge car park

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
How far is it from the stadium?
I broke my ankle playing rugby on Tuesday, so I'm in a bloody boot thing and on crutches, is it doable or a bit of a trek ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Takes me 15 mins at what I would call normal pace from car to ESU......don't rush (not that you could) to get back....30 mins to leave the car park if you leave the stadium at full time..unless you are close to the exit

Edit...one lot of steps otherwise relatively flat

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I broke my ankle playing rugby on Tuesday, so I'm in a bloody boot thing and on crutches, is it doable or a bit of a trek ?

Call the club, there's a very good chance they'll let you park in Bennett's Field...

If not, I'd say that the Bridge is just about doable on crutches, but you'll feel it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Call the club, there's a very good chance they'll let you park in Bennett's Field.

I'm also sure that I've seen them give people a ride in a golf buggy thing (like [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] 's pic of Harry Redknapp) to the stadium from the Bridge on occasions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Takes me 15 mins at what I would call normal pace from car to ESU......don't rush (not that you could) to get back....30 mins to leave the car park if you leave the stadium at full time..unless you are close to the exit

Edit...one lot of steps otherwise relatively flat

It's actually an uphill slope from the Bridge car park. It's not steep but there is a slope.

Edit to add - there are a couple of new benches en route, if you feel the need to rest.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

On the basis you're a rugby player it probably depends what type of player you are. Are you one of the fatties that go in the scrum or a light and agile winger. If the latter you'll be fine, if a heavyweight you'll get a bit of a sweat on.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
On the basis you're a rugby player it probably depends what type of player you are. Are you one of the fatties that go in the scrum or a light and agile winger. If the latter you'll be fine, if a heavyweight you'll get a bit of a sweat on.

I'm a 2nd row/ no 8 ! 6'5" and built like a brick shit house.....definitely one of the fatties :lolol:
I phoned the club but the girl I spoke to said the bridge car park was the best they could offer !
I'm sure I'll manage somehow !

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My son broke his ankle and managed from Bridge car park to the east stand, took a bit longer than it would have done without crutches but he was ok. Knackered by the time he got tot the stadium but he made it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Park & Ride. The stewards will let you on the bus first to get a seat and then there is a lift at the Amex (it's in the coach park but stewards will show you the way). On return use the lift and walk across to the front of the queue. We are a happy lot and no one wil give you grief. I've never used Mill Road but Mithras is a very short walk from car to bus and same at Amex.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's actually an uphill slope from the Bridge car park. It's not steep but there is a slope.

Edit to add - there are a couple of new benches en route, if you feel the need to rest.

Hence why I said relatively flat...it's a gentle slope...and as you say there are a few benches

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's a trek. You'd be better off catching the 25 bus or the train.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Park & Ride. The stewards will let you on the bus first to get a seat and then there is a lift at the Amex (it's in the coach park but stewards will show you the way). On return use the lift and walk across to the front of the queue. We are a happy lot and no one wil give you grief. I've never used Mill Road but Mithras is a very short walk from car to bus and same at Amex.

This sounds like the best plan, may give it go I think.

theboybilly

I've used the Mill Road P&R on two occasions and found it very easy. The first time I left after clapping the players off and was on a bus within 30 minutes. The second time I stayed for a pint and watched the scores on the screens on the North Stand concourse for half an hour then walked straight onto a bus without queuing.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I've used the Mill Road P&R on two occasions and found it very easy. The first time I left after clapping the players off and was on a bus within 30 minutes. The second time I stayed for a pint and watched the scores on the screens on the North Stand concourse for half an hour then walked straight onto a bus without queuing.

Hope you weren't driving!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hence why I said relatively flat...it's a gentle slope...and as you say there are a few benches
If anyone sees a massive lad on a bench with crutches and his ankle in plaster, please shout bench w@nker

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
I have done it on crutches, takes a while but you'll make it. I didn't need to stop on the way either.

I'm also sure that I've seen them give people a ride in a golf buggy thing (like [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] 's pic of Harry Redknapp) to the stadium from the Bridge on occasions.

Or park at Sussex University (next to the Sports Centre) and travel to and from the stadium coach park on the accessible minibus shuttle service. Just turn up and go ... No charge for the minibus journey.

Best to arrange the car parking in advance, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here