Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burton

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Clough could revert to a system including three centre-backs.

He said: “Brighton have got a magnificent home record. If you sit back they will steamroller you.

“One of our strengths all season has been taking the game to the opposition although we have not always got our rewards for it but we think it is the best way to go.”

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not a bad ploy, Huddersfield pressed and beat us easily.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We are going to destroy Burton on Saturday. Very confident.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
im happier if they come to play rather than sit back. if they get an early goal it could revert back to parking the bus though.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Can someone lock the gates please. Hate to see the Cardiff bus on the pitch again.
That said, I don't think it's Cloughs style. Two clear goals will do it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was talking about last weeks game, sorry for not being clearer.

Yes, I understand. What I was trying to say is it's easier for them to try that at home, but less easy for anyone to do it at the Amex. Do Burton have the quality of players that Huddersfield had available ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yes, I understand. What I was trying to say is it's easier for them to try that at home, but less easy for anyone to do it at the Amex. Do Burton have the quality of players that Huddersfield had available ?
I wouldn't have thought so, but they do have a smart manager and a good team spirit. That can carry you a long way.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I wouldn't have thought so, but they do have a smart manager and a good team spirit. That can carry you a long way.

Perhaps, but maybe Clough will feel that employing spoiling tactics are the best way of helping his side get some sort of result, and frankly, it that's the case, who can blame him for playing to his team's strengths?

In any case, the onus is on us to break them down, and score the necessary goals to win the game.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Saturday at home to Burton is going to be a bit Special
Just have a rare T Soprano moment when you just get that FEELING
1 game every season every player plays a blinder and just feel Saturday could be that day
Had it myself in my playing day every season you'd get everyone playing a Worldy in one particular game and win 5/6/7-0
We'd end up getting stuffed 4-0 the next week but that one special game would come every season

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
not at the Amex they didn't.

Quite right, they came for a point at the Amex which worked well till their keeper chucked it in his own goal

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Saturday at home to Burton is going to be a bit Special
Just have a rare T Soprano moment when you just get that FEELING
1 game every season every player plays a blinder and just feel Saturday could be that day
Had it myself in my playing day every season you'd get everyone playing a Worldy in one particular game and win 5/6/7-0
We'd end up getting stuffed 4-0 the next week but that one special game would come every season
Was that not Norwich.
A game so rare as even us fans also played a blinder.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here