Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock and Stephens

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is very very good news, let's hope they both play on Saturday. We need them to help stop the very definite wobble we have had :thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That is very very good news, let's hope they both play on Saturday. We need them to help stop the very definite wobble we have had :thumbsup:

If they are fit, surely they have to play?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hmm would not be surprised to see one or both on the bench personally

It's hardly like we've been winning without them... they are integral to our best team. I suppose I can see why they might start from the bench, but it does mean we're giving the opposition a chance before they come on.

will Dunk start on the bench?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's hardly like we've been winning without them... they are integral to our best team. I suppose I can see why they might start from the bench, but it does mean we're giving the opposition a chance before they come on.

will Dunk start on the bench?

Clearly not, he has not been injured and has only missed one game

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dunk and March will definitely start. Surprised if two from Kayal, Stephens or Baldock do not start also.

Unless Chris thinks Akpom is ready to play the Baldock role than I think he's more likely to start than Stephens (if one has to wait).

IF one is going to start from the bench I'd suggest it'll be Stephens as 2 of Kayal / Norwood / Sidwell should be capable enough for 60 minutes.

I personally would play Stephen / Kayal in the middle and Baldock + 1 up top..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmm not sure why I am saying this, but I have a feeling that Sam may only make the bench for Saturday, and that Chuba may get a start. Chris may be keen to give him game time against, so called, 'lesser' opposition.
I'd wager my right testicle that won't be the case.

If SB is fit, he will play.
If not Chuba will play.

Tactical game playing and 'what if's' won't come into the starting 11.
CH may well be keen to get Baldock out of the game, as early as possible, but that won't be till after a chicken or 2 has hatched.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Unless Chris thinks Akpom is ready to play the Baldock role than I think he's more likely to start than Stephens (if one has to wait).

IF one is going to start from the bench I'd suggest it'll be Stephens as 2 of Kayal / Norwood / Sidwell should be capable enough for 60 minutes.

I personally would play Stephen / Kayal in the middle and Baldock + 1 up top..

It's only if players are coming back from a long-term injury (on which there was encouraging news about Rosenior in that article too) that CH eases them back into the first-team. They've been out for three and five games. I'd be surprised if both don't start, as I would if March doesn't. The key questions are who starts alongside Stephens in CM, and who with Baldock up-front: the 'in-form' Hemed or the 'home-banker' Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here