Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shock horror!

theroyal

May 11, 2014
It looks like Reading are on their way to selling out their allocation for the match at the Amex - 1,500 out of 2,000 sold as of this time yesterday. I'll be going.

Considering the match is on TV, I'm as stunned as you are.

Looking forward to it, I'm not expecting anything from the match really but for once it'll be nice to have a decent following at your place. :smile:

I've not been to the Amex before - is driving the better option, as I've heard talk of train issues?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It looks like Reading are on their way to selling out their allocation for the match at the Amex - 1,500 out of 2,000 sold as of this time yesterday. I'll be going.

Looking forward to it, I'm not expecting anything from the match really but for once it'll be nice to have a decent following at your place. :smile:

I've not been to the Amex before - is driving the better option, as I've heard talk of train issues?

I expect 1400 of the 1500 are asking the same question....

BTW...Where were you when you were shit?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I expect 1400 of the 1500 are asking the same question....

BTW...Where were you when you were shit?

Same could be said of us on many an occasion over the years.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Tell Kermogant...He's gonna get it! He will get all the abuse he deserves! WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Get a train to Gatwick then catch a Thameslink to Brighton. Subsidised travel with match ticket to Falmer and back.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

Train without question. Get to Gatters then choose either the Brighton or Lewes routes.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
To be fair, it's been very rare that Reading have come to us with a shit team in recent seasons.

We had a semi-decent team in 2014 (Murray scored twice for us IIRC?) but the last proper team we had was probably 2011/12. Can't recall how many we took.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Train is the option for you guys, just make sure you only a buy a ticket to the station that the free travel kicks in.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Was that the game we battered you for 90 mins but you won 1-0 thanks to a fluky deflected Ian Harte free kick?

That's the one, penalty save as well I think. That was in the middle of our ridiculous winning run.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Train. There's rarely any problems on a Saturday, it's only an issue at evening games when people all need to get home at the same time.

Have a beer after the game to avoid the queues and you'll walk straight onto a train when you've finished.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

As someone who has done the Reading to Brighton trip a few times I should probably be kind and offer advice.

I would probably drive it, the trains are Ok but only every half an hour from Reading to Gatwick. There is also always the risk of Southern messing up again.

I would jump on the M4 and then round the 25 and down. Look up the Mill Road park and ride. It is perfect for someone coming from our direction. On the day it may be best to head across to the M3 which cuts out a bit of the M25 that is often a *******. However there is an annoying 50 limit on it at the moment covering about a million miles up to the M25.

It is advised that the Park and Rides will be full from about an hour and a half before kick off - I have only had a problem with it being full once. Drive down from Calcot used to take me between 2 and 3 hours so not really much different from the train. You just get to chose your music and not have to wait around at Brighton station

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here