Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock - Get well soon, please!

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
Usually when players return from injury they are phased in slowly by playing U23 games... to me this means he is a long way off considering he hasn't played any games for them. (I hope I am wrong)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Usually when players return from injury they are phased in slowly by playing U23 games... to me this means he is a long way off considering he hasn't played any games for them. (I hope I am wrong)

That's only if they've been out for a long time. You didn't see Bruno play any U23 games before coming back and he only missed a week less than Baldock. According to the Argus, he and Stephens are back in contention for Saturday.

Agree with the OP. A vital part of our team and those who criticise him should look at Albion's stats without him (see Argus yesterday) to see how vital he is. He performs a role that nobody at the club does (although it remains to be seen whether Akpom can replicate it).

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hope he doesn't come back too soon,and aggravate his injury.Fingers and toes crossed.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well we will see...!

The rag has covered itself by saying 'could' rather than 'will' :wink:

I'm not sure they need to cover themselves. It was clearly from the pre match press conference. I assume 'could' is what the club said (presumably covering themselves for tweaks in training over the next couple of days).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well we will see...!

The rag has covered itself by saying 'could' rather than 'will' :wink:

They are just reporting what Hughton has told them. What headline would you write for
""Both are in contention. They have trained and they are fine."

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Fingers crossed, we are getting important key players back in time for a vitally important part of the season! Let's take advantage and start to pull away from 3rd place!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
They are just reporting what Hughton has told them. What headline would you write for
""Both are in contention. They have trained and they are fine."

I was referring to posts above saying that they are 'back' for Saturday. We know smoke and mirrors are used by clubs referring to the 'availability' of players.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I was referring to posts above saying that they are 'back' for Saturday. We know smoke and mirrors are used by clubs referring to the 'availability' of players.

Given that both are always first choice picks, Hughton has said in public they are "fine" and that they are in "contention" for Saturday.

"Both are in contention. They have trained and they are fine."

then not too much of a stretch to say "they are back". Can't see much smoke. Or mirrors.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Given that both are always first choice picks, Hughton has said in public they are "fine" and that they are in "contention" for Saturday.

"Both are in contention. They have trained and they are fine."

then not too much of a stretch to say "they are back". Can't see much smoke. Or mirrors.

We will find out on Saturday I suppose. It just feels like we have been here before!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here