Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever found any interesting items?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I had a chore to carry out in our loft over the weekend, and it got me thinking about how good it would be to find some forgotten treasures etc. (all I found were cobwebs and rat droppings).

So, have you moved into a house and found anything in the loft? Or bought clothes from a charity shop and found things in the pockets? Bought a job lot of junk and found a rare item?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not found anything but in the early 90's, when I would have been in my early teens we moved house and my Mum couldn't be bothered to bring the contents of the attic with us and left a vast amount of original Star Wars toys and memorabilia up there. there were 4 of us kids, all boys, all brought up on Star Wars and there must have easily been about 15 large boxes filled to the brim with figures, bases, space-ships and other stuff. I wince to think how much it would all be worth now.
So somebody will have found them down the line and prob made a small fortune.

*awaits Ernest thread about his nephew finding them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not found anything but in the early 90's, when I would have been in my early teens we moved house and my Mum couldn't be bothered to bring the contents of the attic with us and left a vast amount of original Star Wars toys and memorabilia up there. there were 4 of us kids, all boys, all brought up on Star Wars and there must have easily been about 15 large boxes filled to the brim with figures, bases, space-ships and other stuff. I wince to think how much it would all be worth now.
So somebody will have found them down the line and prob made a small fortune.

*awaits Ernest thread about his nephew finding them.

Go back there, knock on the door, and ask if you can have your toys back please?

Worth a shot...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
My nan passed away last year and whilst we were up there sorting out her belongings we found an old camera tucked away in one of her cupboards. One of those old box style ones. No idea how it works but it's such a nice looking thing we've got it on the mantle at home.

EDIT: That's not it by the way, just looks a bit like it.

Attachments

• boxcamera.jpg
    boxcamera.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 528

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
In a similar vein I lost all my old ,mainly Albion, programme collection after moving house. I can only think they were left in the loft and got missed although the removals company did the packing up so maybe they got binned. The programme I was most annoyed at losing was the first ever floodlit game at the Goldstone which I seem to recall was against a team called Frem from Copenhagen I think.

Edit
Just found this online....just as I remembered it !

frem.JPG

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Found THIS in the BHF charity shop in London Road recently. Maybe what it says on the frame, maybe not. Looks pretty neat regardless. IMHO, like.

quad.JPG

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
When ripping out an old bathroom, [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] & I found a piece of board in Shoreham Beach that had some writing on.

It was from a Canadian soldier posted on The Beach during the second world war to protect us from invasion.

He was bored to death and couldn't wait to get back home :moo:

The customer was going to present it to the local museum - no idea if she did.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I moved into a house about 12 years ago and found boxes filled with Star Wars Toys.. loads of them. I quit my job on the proceeds, living a life of luxury..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I once bought a pile of old 78s from Bob Warners shop in Worthing for 1s 6d and included in the pile was a record by Enrico Caruso that was recorded on 1 side only, the other side was blank Sotherbys said it was i of only 6 copies ever made of that song but unfortunately she dropped it and broke it before she could take it up to them to sell for her.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I moved into a flat when I was younger and the loft was empty apart from a really knackered old looking suitcase. When I got it out and opened it up it had loads of old 60s newspapers used to wrap up toys. THe strange thing was the toys were more like 80s style plastic toys. Very strange, especially as it was the only thing left in a large boarded loft.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Not me but a relative. Was clearing out a dead relatives loft and found a number of old undeveloped films or negatives. (Not really a photography guy)

Anyway, he developed them as a budding photographer and found a familiar woman looking back. Turns out they were unused photographs from his grandfathers job as court photographer for Queen Victoria.

I had a few of them leant to me to take to school during Victorian week as a kid. Think they are with my gran now but will never forget the panic of my teacher and insisting they go into the school safe despite the fact they had sat in my bag for half a day and been used as a goal post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here