Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock and Stephens - Argus stats.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Don't most people acknowledge that Baldock is a key player? There can't be many doubters left.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
The thing to bear in mind with Stephens at least, and the thing that makes it more annoying, is that the games he's missed have almost all been the top teams on their own patch - so the games we'd be most likely to drop points in anyway. Can only hope Brentford's the last of those he's absent for.

D

Deleted member 2719

The problem is most football fans look at flicks and tricks and goals.
This happens at all levels, the steady hard worker glues the team together imo, this is even evident in my son's team, but the manager/assistant see the favourite as the first on the team sheet, most of these are greedy non team players and too many ruin a good team.

You have not been charged for this information.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't most people acknowledge that Baldock is a key player? There can't be many doubters left.

Baldock is a key player mainly because there isn't another one, he's not necessarily a key player because of what he personally brings to the team.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Apologies if fixtures, but while the Stephens stats appear to be much discussed, the Baldock ones are eye opening.

I shall enjoy showing these to his doubters around me in WSU as I seem to be in the minority as a supporter of his - along with [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] - when it comes to the inevitable debates about his influence.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15075477.article/?ref=fbpg

I'm a big fan. I think us Baldock supporters are the silent majority.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll take that as a no.
Chances are I'm going to need a few runs at this before I finally make sense.

SB's role in the team is critical to how they all play, so to that end he is very much a key player.
No matter how willing he is, Hemed quite clearly isn't a suitable replacement.

I'll happily mock all the nimrods who think 'chucking one of the wingers in there instead' and it'll be ok.
Although in fairness that's a claim that doesn't seem to be trotted out as much, not now all the available wingers have shown what a bad idea it is.

But it's clear, and I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it, himself, Baldock should be weighing in with considerably more goals.
Hence questioning whether he's the key, or is it 'just' the position.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Chances are I'm going to need a few runs at this before I finally make sense.

SB's role in the team is critical to how they all play, so to that end he is very much a key player.
No matter how willing he is, Hemed quite clearly isn't a suitable replacement.

I'll happily mock all the nimrods who think 'chucking one of the wingers in there instead' and it'll be ok.
Although in fairness that's a claim that doesn't seem to be trotted out as much, not now all the available wingers have shown what a bad idea it is.

But it's clear, and I'm sure he'd be the first to admit it, himself, Baldock should be weighing in with considerably more goals.

I didn't think I agreed with you on your first post but now you have explained, I completely agree.

I rate Baldock highly but he definitely needs to weigh in with far more goals.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

And Stockers should come for more crosses, but like Baldock, the things he does do in that key position, he does ****ing well :wink:

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The problem is most football fans look at flicks and tricks and goals.
This happens at all levels, the steady hard worker glues the team together imo, this is even evident in my son's team, but the manager/assistant see the favourite as the first on the team sheet, most of these are greedy non team players and too many ruin a good team.

You have not been charged for this information.

N'golo Kante.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Interesting article and figures. When I watch SB play I don't feel impressed because I think he struggles to control the ball and often seems to be going away from the goal rather than towards it. I personally prefer watching Hemed play more of a true forward

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I will admit I blow hot and cold on Baldock.

I think he would benefit greatly from some serious squad competition which hopefully for the run in we now have in Akpom.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here