Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WHC X: Quarter final 4 - Jaguar vs Polar Bear

Who's harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This promises to be an absolute corker of a tie. In one corner we have a debutante who is having an electrifying campaign, scoring huge in the last round. In the other we have a three time champion and a beast who has never been defeated. Voting patterns have changed in the years he's been away giving the debutante the opportunity to pull off what would undoubtedly be the biggest upset in WHC history.

48 hours, two beasts, one vote, one winner. Think carefully.

The combatants:

Jaguar

99e1054cad1633899d5b0a88bf4e1b65.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar

Road to Quarter finals:

2nd round: Beat Chinstrap Penguin 74 - 25
Group B: 1st (29 votes)

Jaguar is taking the WHC by storm in his debut campaign. He won his qualifying group and then smashed the Chinstrap Penguin out of sight, scoring a whopping 74 votes(only the Honey Badger scored more, and then only by a couple). How is he doing it? Partly because he has the world's greatest animal campaign manager (David Attenborough) but mostly by being hard as nails and graceful and good looking to boot. He's a sleek but powerful killing machine. An accomplished runner, climber and swimmer he is confident on any terrain so wherever you go, he'll be there, stalking and chasing and eventually killing. How does he kill? With one bite of his incredibly powerful jaws -so powerful they can bite through reptilian armour- to the base of his victims skull. He's an aggressive beast who will jealously and ferociously defend his territory.

VS

Polar Bear

ob_774263_angry-polar-bear.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_bear

Road to Quarter finals:

2nd round: Beat Tarantula Hawk 24 - 15
Group C: 2nd (25 votes)

There is only one beast in this competition that has never lost a competitive match. That distinction falls to the Polar Bear, three tournaments, three titles. So dominant was he in the early years of EWHC that he was retired to the Hall of Fame. But this is the tenth anniversary edition of WHC and it wouldn't be right to sit him out of the festivities, so here he is. It's fair to say he's found it tough going so far, finishing second in his group and then sneaking out of the second round with the lowest winning total. He'll need to raise his game considerably if he wants to maintain his unbeaten record.

So what is this legend packing in the hardness stakes? Lets start with the obvious; he's extremely powerful and strong. He can fight anything from Whales down. He can scale sheer ice cliff faces. He is a pure carnivore, it's meat or no deal for him(he is the largest meat eater on land). Perhaps most importantly for this competition is his aggression. He is capable of mind melting aggression when he wants to. Encroach on his territory and you're ****ed. One swipe off his paw will take your head clean off.

Oct 25, 2003
I feel like the polar bear is a bit like Liverpool of the 90's. Still revered, world famous and well respected, but ultimately their best is behind them and the game has left them behind somewhat

or maybe Spain in the 2014 world cup

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
This has the makings of an all-time classic!

I have no clue which one of these beasts is more deserving of my vote.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I feel like the polar bear is a bit like Liverpool of the 90's. Still revered, world famous and well respected, but ultimately their best is behind them and the game has left them behind somewhat

or maybe Spain in the 2014 world cup

Yeah, I can't see him winning the tournament. It's just a question of when will he bow out? Is the Jaguar the beast to do it? I'm not convinced yet that he is. What will count against the Polar Bear is his size...but the Jaguar is an apex predator so that evens itself out. I'm on the fence and waiting to be convinced one way or the other.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Entirely undecided. I'll pop back in 24 hours and see if anyone has made a compelling case for either.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Yeah, I can't see him winning the tournament. It's just a question of when will he bow out? Is the Jaguar the beast to do it? I'm not convinced yet that he is. What will count against the Polar Bear is his size...but the Jaguar is an apex predator so that evens itself out. I'm on the fence and waiting to be convinced one way or the other.

I cry foul! Why is the f***** picture of the jaguar tiny and that of the polar bear huge. It's not fair.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm having difficulty deciding this one. They are both equally deserving, and it's a shame they came up against each other.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can someone please make a case for the Polar Bear to me?

They're cool as anything, but I can't see what they do that's actually hard.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I saw a documentary a little while back ('Polar Bear Town') where they reported that polar bears had killed some chained up, small dogs :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I guess the hardest thing they do is survive their tough environment. They don't come up against any competition, but how would they handle themselves if they did?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The important thing is to vote through whichever beast is better placed to beat the TrumpRat in the next round, obviously.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here