19 MENORAH ARENA, TEL AVIV

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm going to give this a miss too but because I don't think I want to see him perform any of the songs from The Skeleton Tree live. It wouldn't feel right. But the O2 being one of the venues is another reason to give it a wide berth too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside if anyone makes the Berlin gig the burger joint I blather on about, and post photos from, is opposite.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Are any of those not shitty large arenas? Might give this a miss for the first time.

I'm inclined to agree. I'm also worried about the new material really not coming over well at all in that sort of environment. There's bound to be a load of turbo***** talking shit and ruining it.

However, if there's one guy I trust to still come over right in an arena, it's Cave.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
With a bit of luck he'll do another warm up show in Hove, the last one was my 3rd favourite Cave gig.

1st Hastings Pier 2004, the best gig I've been to. Lyre of Orpheus/Abattoir Blues in their entirety followed by an hour or so of back catalogue.

2nd Bradford University 1992, walked back to Leeds after with the then Mrs Pevenseagull singing 'Straight To You', having a break every now and then for a bit of hanky panky. ...
That was a good night out.

Have to say I was a bit disappointed by the show at The Dome a few years ago.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone bother?

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Got tickets for the o2. Not seen anyone there before so not sure what to expect.

Extras on top of the ticket were interesting. £1.75 per ticket 'facilities fee' alongside £7 per ticket 'service charge'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Got tickets for the o2. Not seen anyone there before so not sure what to expect.

Extras on top of the ticket were interesting. £1.75 per ticket 'facilities fee' alongside £7 per ticket 'service charge'.

I've seen a few bands there. Some bands work, some don't.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Out of interest how much were the actual tickets?

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
£50.

He is my favourite artist to see live and, whilst I do agree with Buzzer's comments above re the emotion of Skeleton Tree, I am just happy to get the opportunity to see him as I've not seen him that much (Just Glastonbury and Hammersmith Apollo) before. I'd love to go to one of those warm up gigs at the King Alfred, or wherever he does them.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No, not bothered. It requires a traipse out to London or across to Bournemouth (!) of all things, which isn't the easiest thing for me to do. But if he wants to do a warm-up gig in Brighton or Hove, I'd be well up for that, although I think (t)he(y) might justifiably think that a world tour constitutes a warm-up.

boik

Ever see them upstairs at The Richmond?

No, although I used to love that venue. Saw The Birthday Party at Klub Foot at the Clarendon Hammersmith and a couple of other places in London that I can't remember. Possibly Moonlight Club or the Bridge House. Used to drive up, park anywhere and see tons of bands in those days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here