Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That's so Elvis

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh ffs. March-esque in its execution. I can only speculate that he didn't play like that for us because we weren't pronouncing his name correctly: Man-ooo, apparently.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good run but the defending is ****ing HORRIFIC. Look at the final guy's half-arsed attempt at a tackle.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
From what I saw he looked decent when given the chance in the cup games, albeit a bit rusty as rarely played.

Think Hughton was a tad harsh giving him very few opportunities, however he obviously proves he cannot always be relied upon, stupid sending off.

Could've been just what we needed up front. Possibly Hughton's biggest weakness is putting trust in younger players...

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
From what I saw he looked decent when given the chance in the cup games, albeit a bit rusty as rarely played.

Think Hughton was a tad harsh giving him very few opportunities, however he obviously proves he cannot always be relied upon, stupid sending off.

Could've been just what we needed up front. Possibly Hughton's biggest weakness is putting trust in younger players...

Looks like he is repeating it with Towell,

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Dutch football is poor- I mean REALLY poor. most top half league 1 teams would comfortably compete in this league.

We've had both Manu and Holla who both shone at that level and neither were able to cut it in the Championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anyone know what he says into the camera after scoring?

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
All those brilliant youngsters he brings into the first team from the U23s you mean?

Yeah that, can you name any Hughton has actually brought through?

Despite having the likes of White, Hunt etc, we still bring Tomori in. Ince is nowhere to be seen.

You'll probably reply with March however he was already a first team regular under Oscar etc.

Difficult to understand why Towell didn't play against Brentford if they want to play a man behind the striker. Murphy was poor. Doubt he'll ever get a decent chance (Towell).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dutch football is poor- I mean REALLY poor. most top half league 1 teams would comfortably compete in this league.

We've had both Manu and Holla who both shone at that level and neither were able to cut it in the Championship.

Exactly don't be fooled. Elvis is not good enough at this level.

He was ok against Colchester and Oxford, but it was Colchester and Oxford.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Dutch football is poor at the moment, but it has produced some of the best footballers in the world in the likes of Cruyff, Rijkaard, Gullit and Van Basten. As well as some of the best players to play in the Premier League, Bergkamp, Van Persie, Van Nistelrooy, Suarez, Stam, Robben, Van Der Sar, JFH....

But for every Bergkamp there is a Bogarde, and for every Johan Cruyff there is a Jordi......

Football goes in cycles and I am sure that there will be some very good footballers coming out of Holland in the near future.

Kasper Dolberg is a very good young footballer (19) at Ajax and many big clubs are already looking closely at him, he could be a special talent......or a total flop, who knows.

Justin Kluivert (son of Patrick), has also broken into the Ajax team at 17 years of age, he also looks quality.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Pretty tip tap football imagine Duffy in that game there would have been bodies everywhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here