Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Temporarily moving seats because of an injury

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Does anybody have experience of having to temporarily move your seat in the Amex because of an injury. I got knocked of my bicycle when commuting home from work about four weeks ago. A motorcyclist road his bike in to my leg. I have been recovering since then and have a nodisplaced groin fracture and serious knee ligament and cartilage damage and have to wear a leg brace.

I really want to go to the match on Saturday but no way will I be make it to my lovely seat in WSU. If I call the club do you know if they will help me and allow me to sit somewhere with easy access or at least use the lift to get to my seat?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Does anybody have experience of having to temporarily move your seat in the Amex because of an injury. I got knocked of my bicycle when commuting home from work about four weeks ago. A motorcyclist road his bike in to my leg. I have been recovering since then and have a nodisplaced groin fracture and serious knee ligament and cartilage damage and have to wear a leg brace.

I really want to go to the match on Saturday but no way will I be make it to my lovely seat in WSU. If I call the club do you know if they will help me and allow me to sit somewhere with easy access or at least use the lift to get to my seat?

That sounds nasty. Good luck.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

No idea but i hope you get helped out....let us know how u get on and best of luck with your recovery

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Yes they will help. Last year my son dislocated his knee & couldn't get up WSU. Rang the club and they found us seats together in south stand on the end of an aisle, even went the extra step and asked which leg it was so he was sitting on the right side of the aisle. The problem you'll have is how many seats are left of any use to you.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just give the club a call and they will sort you out, My wife is disabled and over the years we had any number of temporary neighbours who had suffered an accident and needed access via a lift

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yes they will help. Last year my son dislocated his knee & couldn't get up WSU. Rang the club and they found us seats together in south stand on the end of an aisle, even went the extra step and asked which leg it was so he was sitting on the right side of the aisle. The problem you'll have is how many seats are left of any use to you.

Great! Hope your son is felling better. I will call them in the morning.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I believe a poster had a similar problem a while back. I am sure the club were very helpful and he got moved to a seat down near the pitch, might actually been given a wheelchair for the game.
Good luck, i am sure you will be helped.

Edit, by the time i had typed this help was on hand.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Just give the club a call and they will sort you out, My wife is disabled and over the years we had any number of temporary neighbours who had suffered an accident and needed access via a lift

Great may see you on Saturday then. Not that I will know it is you.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not much to add, but all the best with your recovery, sounds like a nasty scrape you've had there.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
aabdeef3fd2e760fae4c018eec1dde67.jpg

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
My experience when my son broke his ankle at the start of this season was superb. The club could not have done anymore for us. I made contact with supporter services and they arranged for us to be moved to accessible seats, gave us access to the disabled car park and minibus transfer and, after each game, checked if we were happy with the seats or wanted to try elsewhere. I am sure your experience will be the same and get well soon.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My experience when my son broke his ankle at the start of this season was superb. The club could not have done anymore for us. I made contact with supporter services and they arranged for us to be moved to accessible seats, gave us access to the disabled car park and minibus transfer and, after each game, checked if we were happy with the seats or wanted to try elsewhere. I am sure your experience will be the same and get well soon.

Great this all sound very encouraging. I don't know why I would have doubted our great club.

Jul 7, 2003

As others have said, call supporter services and they will do their best to help. I had a knee replacement last season and couldn't get up to the WSU. They switched me to the ESU near the players wives etc as there is a lift for use by supporters with mobility issues to use at that end of the stand. Speak to them as early as possible though as with games selling out, they can only move you if there are spaces spare.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I was on crutches for one of the games a while back and I asked if it would be possible to move seats. They very kindly switched us from the family stand to the NW corner(ish) where I went in one of the disabled seats next to the pitch, while the two Jnr Bobkins were in the front row behind me. Fantastic and no problem for the club – they were superb in making such a small thing such a big difference to the day.

Hope you get it sorted and also that your knee gets better soon too.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
I'm having my achilles tendon operated on on friday and i emailed supporter services. I have had to send confirmation that I'm unable to get to my normal seat and they have set me up at the front of the North stand for the remainder of the season.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I'm having my achilles tendon operated on on friday and i emailed supporter services. I have had to send confirmation that I'm unable to get to my normal seat and they have set me up at the front of the North stand for the remainder of the season.

Ouch! hope you get better soon.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

iwe have just done all of this ,for my son , broken leg , and myself as a carer , i would send an email to Elliott Bachelor (im sure the others are just as good )@supporter services,
youll then get an auto reply , then 2mor you should get a reply that will probably request you send some written proof of injury , on acceptence they should send tickets for a disabled area , and then print at home for any future games requested , do it now if you are able to .
good luck

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Much the same although not as bad as yours. Recovering from a Hernia Op. Just a tad uncomfortable to sit cooped up for 90mins at the moment

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here