Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being fit to wear the shirt.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
To me it is one of the most irrelevant chants but Saturday I was surprised our friends in Croydon ("best supporter in EPL") were singing you're not fit to wear the shirt. Why have the same players been fit to wear it previous weeks? Anyway what I wanted to find out was whether this is in the same category as "too good to go down"? And whether anyone on hear has shouted at hat to an Albion team or player?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gonna say - Palace players PERFECTLY suit wearing their shirt at the moment. They are absolutely an embodiment of their owners.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe it was "You're not fit to wear a skirt".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gonna say - Palace players PERFECTLY suit wearing their shirt at the moment. They are absolutely an embodiment of their owners.
Indeed, surely shirts come in all designs and sizes. I dare say Johnny Vegas isn't fit to wear my shirts, but I'm struggling to think of a human that isn't fit to wear that Palace shit.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Indeed, surely shirts come in all designs and sizes. I dare say Johnny Vegas isn't fit to wear my shirts, but I'm struggling to think of a human that isn't fit to wear that Palace shit.

Well quite.

297462810.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I remember when Wolves came to the Amex a few seasons ago, first time I had ever heard even opposing supporters (us) singing it to a team.

They did stink the place out though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
David Bowie and Roy Wood here: definitely fit to wear the shirt.

pub2013.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Amazing how many celebrity fans Palace actually have, when you look at it. It's only flipping Noel Gallagher now too.

Crystal-Palace-fans-celebrate-at-the-final-whistle.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Amazing how many celebrity fans Palace actually have, when you look at it. It's only flipping Noel Gallagher now too.

Crystal-Palace-fans-celebrate-at-the-final-whistle.jpg

Surprised to see him cosying up with Rafa Bentiez.

Next ex-Newcastle manager in waiting for Palace presumably.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To me it is one of the most irrelevant chants

Is it?

Surely its the clearest message fans of a club can give their team - and usually only reserved for a side that are perceived to not CARE - in the way that the fans do, about their beloved club. I've never heard fans sing it at their team JUST for being shit - usually signifies a real breakdown in the fan / player relationship.

The Wolves match at the Amex, referenced above was the ultimate. It was clear that those fans utterly detested that some of those lazy mercenaries were wearing that shirt, and didn't give two shits about (another) relegation. They sang it long and hard, and when those players threw their shirts into the crowd at the end, the fans threw them back.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Is it?

Surely its the clearest message fans of a club can give their team - and usually only reserved for a side that are perceived to not CARE - in the way that the fans do, about their beloved club. I've never heard fans sing it at their team JUST for being shit - usually signifies a real breakdown in the fan / player relationship.

The Wolves match at the Amex, referenced above was the ultimate. It was clear that those fans utterly detested that some of those lazy mercenaries were wearing that shirt, and didn't give two shits about (another) relegation. They sang it long and hard, and when those players threw their shirts into the crowd at the end, the fans threw them back.

A lot of it was directed at Jamie O'Hara recently released by Gillingham and appeared on Celebrity Big Brother.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here