Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this our first choice Xl?

theboybilly

Maybe swap a tired old Bruno for a fit Rosenoir.
Hard to split Bong and Pocogonili, probably stay with Bong.

It was actually the full back positions that I thought might divide opinion. I didn't think March and Kayal had been on the pitch at the same time either (apart from the Cup)

Last edited:

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
While it is easy to worry this post highlights the upside. We are where we are despite several long term injuries. If we can get this team on the pitch we are going up!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'd agree, but it's a big IF

Bit bothered about Kayal now. Haven't read anything about a niggle but assume there is one?

He's just not match fit, as was evidenced at Huddersfield. I'm surprised he didn't feature for the u23s yesterday.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Closest we've got to this was against QPR on 27th Dec, when only Kayal was missing from the starting 11.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Can't argue with this as our best 11. It would be great to see it playing soon!

Hughton is rightly careful about March who switches on and off. He was poor against Lincoln, didn't do much in the last 30 mins against Huddersfield but then came alive on Sunday as he did against Birmingham pre Xmas.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hughton is rightly careful about March who switches on and off. He was poor against Lincoln, didn't do much in the last 30 mins against Huddersfield but then came alive on Sunday as he did against Birmingham pre Xmas.

Hmmm... well, better that Jiri consistently doing the square root of **** all...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Hmmm... well, better that Jiri consistently doing the square root of **** all...

Both of them frustratingly go missing. Jiri should have had an assist early on Sunday when Murphy missed a header.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Both of them frustratingly go missing. Jiri should have had an assist early on Sunday when Murphy missed a header.

Put yourself in the shoes of the opposition manager... who would you prefer to face?

Knocky & Solly? OR...
Knocky & Jiri?

IMHO you would prefer the latter, so Chris should play the former, and give Solly a consistent run in the side... Jiri has had far, far too many games where he has done nothing...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Put yourself in the shoes of the opposition manager... who would you prefer to face?

Knocky & Solly? OR...
Knocky & Jiri?

IMHO you would prefer the latter, so Chris should play the former, and give Solly a consistent run in the side... Jiri has had far, far too many games where he has done nothing...

and Murphy ?
and it depends on what AK they are facing. He was poor against Huddersfield and Cardiff in contrast to Sheff Weds where he was astounding.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

You'd think that with all the midfield competition, when given the opportunity to play, they'd up their game to give CH a tough decision to make.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking any of them.
:albion2:

......and if so has it ever been used even for a few minutes this season:

Stockdale

Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong

Knockhaert Stephens Kayal March

Baldock Murray

I don't think it has so when it is finally available..............

Yes it is and we need to get it firing on the pitch soon! Clearly Kayal is not back to full powers yet but he'll only get there with games

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe swap a tired old Bruno for a fit Rosenoir.
Hard to split Bong and Pocogonili, probably stay with Bong.

Despite seemingly being a little bit off colour in his couple of games back since injury, Bruno is far from finished. In fact he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Next season it may well be a different matter, but as well as being captain, he is a vital part of our defence at the moment. As far as the left back berth is concerned, so little to choose between Pocognoli and Bong, although I might just opt for the former at the moment.

Either way, what is important, is decide who our best defenders are, and then stick with them. Play a settled side, in a settled formation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here