Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it working as a team that is driving Brighton towards the Premier League?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I was reading the stats in one of the tabloids tonight and noticed that no Brighton players were in the top ten for any of the stastics they chose to publish, which were 'assists', 'chances created' or 'most shots' and was genuinely shocked.

And, then thinking about it, that's why I believe you will be promoted. A well balaced, well performing, team, not dependant on a supposed superstar.

And no bozza, I'm not trolling.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought it was because of the medical team's outstanding success at masking anabolic steroids and other performance enhancing drugs when tested..........

No, actually I think team spirit has a lot to do with it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
An excellent(until recently) defence,note the amount of clean sheets,and fewest goals conceded.
I also think, although we maybe don't have as many attempts on goal as some, we do score a high percentage of those we have

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
I think you'll find Lewis Dunk is top of the aggression table (the most red and yellow cards).
And I'd be surprised if anyone has won more headers than Duffy.
So that's our recipe for success - fouling and heading.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think you'll find Lewis Dunk is top of the aggression table (the most red and yellow cards).
And I'd be surprised if anyone has won more headers than Duffy.
So that's our recipe for success - fouling and heading.
Thought Murray was top fouler in the division too....

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I was reading the stats in one of the tabloids tonight and noticed that no Brighton players were in the top ten for any of the stastics they chose to publish, which were 'assists', 'chances created' or 'most shots' and was genuinely shocked.

And, then thinking about it, that's why I believe you will be promoted. A well balaced, well performing, team, not dependant on a supposed superstar.

And no bozza, I'm not trolling.

Some clubs - e.g. Brentford - construct teams on the basis of these statistics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here