Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CH said he was hopeful for Brentford but it was not to be so perhaaps against Burton or at the worst against Ipswich. Without Stephens as a team we are like Yacht without a sail.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Don't know and don't know. Always seems to be 'fit' for next game but then isn't. Wouldn't be surprised if he is out until March at least.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Give it a rest would you. There weren't even any offers to be disappointed about.
Oh give it a rest yourself! We don't know that, or whether anybody's been whispering in his ear. Was just a tongue-in-cheek comment, but sometimes you do wonder a bit.........

Does this look like someone who isn't totally invested in our ambition this season?[/QUOTE]
'That' just looks like a black rectangle on my screen. I have mentioned this before, but no-one has ever come back with either an explanation or a solution.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Something just doesn't feel right to me , right from when Stephens called in sick vs Preston.

He then came back for home games but was once again injured for the aways , with no clear explanation of what the injury is!? .....And then his social media post looked like a clear piss take , kneeling down by an oxygen tank to "help him recover from a minor injury"

On a side note all the strangely injured players are out of contract at the end of the season (bar rosenior I believe)

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Something just doesn't feel right to me , right from when Stephens called in sick vs Preston.

He then came back for home games but was once again injured for the aways , with no clear explanation of what the injury is!? .....And then his social media post looked like a clear piss take , kneeling down by an oxygen tank to "help him recover from a minor injury"

On a side note all the strangely injured players are out of contract at the end of the season (bar rosenior I believe)
Naylor reported he was injured in the warm up vs Lincoln.

But I do agree, Baldock, Bong, Rosenior, Stephens - the club presumably trying to hide injuries from opponents but it only causes negative vibes with their own supporters, unlikely but I hope the extent of the injuries aren't hidden from the players as well.

Dec 29, 2011
If Brighton go up this season, Stephens will be in a fat stronger negotiating position than if he's a championship player. It's within his personal interest we go up.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

The strangely injured Baldock has another season left on his contract.

Contracted for next Season :

Walton

Rosenior
Hunt

Dunk
Duffy
Goldson
Hunemeier

Kayal
Norwood
Towell
Ince

Knockaert
Skalak
Murphy
March
LuaLua

Murray
Baldock
Hemed
Elvis

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
FFS... he was injured... please can the negative, cynical, conspiracy theorists kindly do one...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
If Brighton go up this season, Stephens will be in a fat stronger negotiating position than if he's a championship player. It's within his personal interest we go up.

Has he been rigidly following a diet of pies and beer then?....

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Naylor reported he was injured in the warm up vs Lincoln.

But I do agree, Baldock, Bong, Rosenior, Stephens - the club presumably trying to hide injuries from opponents but it only causes negative vibes with a certain type of their own supporters, unlikely but I hope the extent of the injuries aren't hidden from the players as well.

Edited for you

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He'll be back when he's ready. Physically or mentally.

Meanwhile we are a squad of extraordinary talent that is second in the table. We will survive perfectly well until he is selected for the first team/squad.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He'll be back when he's ready. Physically or mentally.

Meanwhile we are a squad of extraordinary talent that is second in the table. We will survive perfectly well until he is selected for the first team/squad.

Hmmm... check out how we have done when Dale isn't playing, then have a rethink...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh give it a rest yourself! We don't know that, or whether anybody's been whispering in his ear. Was just a tongue-in-cheek comment, but sometimes you do wonder a bit.........

Does this look like someone who isn't totally invested in our ambition this season?
'That' just looks like a black rectangle on my screen. I have mentioned this before, but no-one has ever come back with either an explanation or a solution.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you don't pay attention. There's a link in this thread that mentions a calf injury, and another quote that sais he was injured in the warm up at Lincoln.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
'That' just looks like a black rectangle on my screen. I have mentioned this before, but no-one has ever come back with either an explanation or a solution.

Perhaps you don't pay attention. There's a link in this thread that mentions a calf injury, and another quote that sais he was injured in the warm up at Lincoln.

You mean that one that also looks (on my PC) like a black rectangle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here