Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 live currently discussing whether Ranieri should be sacked.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gotta love football.

I guess TalkSpite have been running this for a while as well.
It's also Football Weekly's headline.

Sure he never should have stayed on beyond last season (not being aftertiming) but come on.

Bar the aberration of last season, Leicester are exactly where they've always been, what did they expect back to back titles?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Take a deep breath and imagine it was us in this position in 3 years time. Wouldn't there be poll after poll asking if Hughton should be sacked - irrespective of our performance the previous year?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Take a deep breath and imagine it was us in this position in 3 years time. Wouldn't there be poll after poll asking if Hughton should be sacked - irrespective of our performance the previous year?

Forget three years. If we are bottom at Christmas people will want a change.

Burnley have done the right thing in sticking with Dyche. He took them up, then down, and then up again.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You knew it would end in tears the moment they spent £50M plus on players in the summer....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I wonder if Vardy is regretting turning down Arsenal!

Has he started scoring again :lolol: 4 years contract wasn't it and then a drought ..

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Kante was priceless. £30m was ridiculously cheap for someone who won them the league. He'll be a league winner again this year for a team that finished outside the top 4, and the league champions without him could be relegated. £30m was a steal.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

If we won the premier league I wouldn't care what the hell happened the next seaso tbh.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
After winning the title, Ranieri has event at least relegation to the conference but would deserve sack if he took them down into conference north.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Absolutely right. Stability like Manchester United had in the 90's/00's and Liverpool in the 70's/80's is a key to success.

You need stability accross your playing staff aswell as manager, which just doesn't happen much these days. If Leicester had held onto Kante they might have been able to build, but you just don't have time these days to build anything before player power will get them their moves.

I personally cannot understand why Ranieri didn't leave and take the Italy job after last season. The only way was ever going to be down for Leicester.

The only way was down after they sold Kante. Everyone knew he was the key to them over Vardy and Mahrez. Pity Leicester didn't, but I guess they had no choice as above.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Shouldn't be sacked even if they go down.

They are even still in the champions league for goodness sakes. That's Leicester City, title winners and still in the champions league! What the hell more do they want?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here