Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa away.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Might be all to play for, might be nothing to play for. Whichever way it pans out my boy fancies it (he has a lot of pals in Birmingham and wants to make a weekend of it).
We both have 1034 loyalty points so what do people reckon are our chances of getting a ticket for this one ?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Doesn't it normally start off around 1,600 or something? Back in the pre child days I never had a problem. this year we have only managed 5 or 6 matches so I won't be there for certain!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Might be all to play for, might be nothing to play for. Whichever way it pans out my boy fancies it (he has a lot of pals in Birmingham and wants to make a weekend of it).
We both have 1034 loyalty points so what do people reckon are our chances of getting a ticket for this one ?

Join the Villa database ..way they are young there won't be many home supporters there :moo:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Doesn't it normally start off around 1,600 or something? Back in the pre child days I never had a problem. this year we have only managed 5 or 6 matches so I won't be there for certain!

It won't be anywhere near that high. I have 1901 and have been to most away games and I only have 1383 points.

The Brentford cut off was about 1100 I think? So add a few away games to that before they start to sell Villa and maybe 1150 will be the cut off? I guess they could start it higher though.

QPR and Leeds ahead of this will also be loyalty point games I think.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

More likely to start at around 1,200, 1,300 at the very highest, very few will have over 1,300..

Stumpy Tim

Given Villa are unlikely to have anything to play for, you would hope they would be generous on allocation. We could sell 6-7000 pretty easily if either we're already up, or (more likely obviously) we need a point to scrape into the play-offs

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It won't be anywhere near that high. I have 1901 and have been to most away games and I only have 1383 points.

The Brentford cut off was about 1100 I think? So add a few away games to that before they start to sell Villa and maybe 1150 will be the cut off? I guess they could start it higher though.

QPR and Leeds ahead of this will also be loyalty point games I think.

Brentford was 1,150 then Lincoln 1,160 so I would guess it will slowly go up, QPR maybe 1,180, Wolves 1,190, Norwich & Villa 1,200

I don't know why the club cant announce how many people are in the top brackets. If there are 1,500 tickets available and only 1,000 are in the top bracket then fans in the next bracket will know they will be fighting over 500 tickets.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For Middlesbrough last year there were still a couple of hundred left after they had gone on sale to STH below 1050 points. I was lucky enough to be online and buy one at 9.01am during my morning poo.

That was however for a game that, for most fans, required either an overnight stay or setting off at 4am, so demand for away tickets is likely to be much greater, particularly if we need a result from this game. On the other hand Villa are not going to threaten the play offs this season, which means that they're unlikely to sell out the home seats so may give a much larger allocation than their usual 3000. For comparison, I think that we got around 2700 from Middlesbrough, which was obviously a home sellout. This would depend on if they'd need to move STHs from their seats to do this. If they can't or won't give an additional allocation, then I can see away tickets selling out before 1050, probably more like 1100.

Edit: It seems that their Chairman has a history of being a bit of a knob about extra away tickets even with parts of the ground closed, so I wouldn't bank on an increased capacity. See link:

http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/09/comedy-gold-aston-villa-refuse-newcastle-tickets-keep-parts-stadium-shut-season-newcastle-united/

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
For Middlesbrough last year there were still a couple of hundred left after they had gone on sale to STH below 1050 points. I was lucky enough to be online and buy one at 9.01am during my morning poo.

In the old days we just took the daily rag to the shitter.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
So if 1050 is needed, how many do you get for an away game (might go to Wolves and/or Norwich) ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here