Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Forest 4th March 2017

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Forest have announced on their website the our match is Kids for a £1.00...
Is this likely to be the same for away fans?

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/nottingham-forest-brighton-and-hove-albion-tickets-news-3559091.aspx

Nottingham Forest are pleased to announce that the game against Brighton and Hove Albion (Saturday 4 March, kick-off 3pm) will be a Kids for a Quid fixture.

Chris Hughton brings his promotion-chasing side to The City Ground next month and tickets for Under 12s in all areas of the stadium will be priced at just £1.

Read more at http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/n...tickets-news-3559091.aspx#FbP59FJQVXxiwXME.99

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
This will sell out to away fans, so we won't need any promotions like this to fill our allocation. As it will be a sell out everyone will be standing so won't really be a child friendly environment as they won't be able to see.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
This will sell out to away fans, so we won't need any promotions like this to fill our allocation. As it will be a sell out everyone will be standing so won't really be a child friendly environment as they won't be able to see.[

It's just a feeling but I'm guessing you don't have children.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Not my own but my partner does, aged 2 and 3 (he'll be 4 next month)

Good, I hope you're doing your best to influence their interest in football and, of course, the Seagulls.

This may mean that, in a few years, you might want to take them to a match or they even might put pressure on you to take them. You may then think it a bit unfair of other fans to suggest that kids are not welcome.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This will sell out to away fans, so we won't need any promotions like this to fill our allocation. As it will be a sell out everyone will be standing so won't really be a child friendly environment as they won't be able to see.

You also know full well that everybody won't be standing. We have disabled fans who go to every away match too.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Good, I hope you're doing your best to influence their interest in football and, of course, the Seagulls.

This may mean that, in a few years, you might want to take them to a match or they even might put pressure on you to take them. You may then think it a bit unfair of other fans to suggest that kids are not welcome.

Think you've taken it the wrong way to be honest.

I don't think he was saying it wouldn't be great if the deal for children was for us aswell, more that a) It would be pointless for Forest to extend this deal to the away support, as the club will lose money by doing so since we will fill the allocation regardless and b) Most children will either need to go down the front to sit with any elderly/disabled or if old enough, stand on the chairs in order to see.

Would love if they extended that deal for us personally.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

I don't think he was saying it wouldn't be great if the deal for children was for us aswell, more that a) It would be pointless for Forest to extend this deal to the away support, as the club will lose money by doing so since we will fill the allocation regardless and b) Most children will either need to go down the front to sit with any elderly/disabled or if old enough, stand on the chairs in order to see.

Stand on chair is correct answer for a good number of c.6-12 year olds... brings them up to about the right height (depending on how tall they are of course...!!) ...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

I'm not saying that kids are not welcome, but with this being a fixture which will very likely sell out to STHs then it will be a game where I'd estimate 95% will be stood up (Middlesbrough last game of the season, Forest under Oscar) so little children won't be able to see anything.

You also know full well that everybody won't be standing. We have disabled fans who go to every away match too.

Well no not everybody, 95% will though.

Stand on chair is correct answer for a good number of c.6-12 year olds... brings them up to about the right height (depending on how tall they are of course...!!) ...

At Huddersfield I saw two different occasions where stewards were adamant that kids could not stand on seats to see, this resulted in the kids then being held up or being put on shoulders. I know every ground is different, but this is the first occasion that I've seen stewards ask parents not to stand kids on the seats.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not saying that kids are not welcome, but with this being a fixture which will very likely sell out to STHs then it will be a game where I'd estimate 95% will be stood up (Middlesbrough last game of the season, Forest under Oscar) so little children won't be able to see anything.

Well no not everybody, 95% will though.

At Huddersfield I saw two different occasions where stewards were adamant that kids could not stand on seats to see, this resulted in the kids then being held up or being put on shoulders. I know every ground is different, but this is the first occasion that I've seen stewards ask parents not to stand kids on the seats.

Plastic gets very brittle after a few years, and kids jumping on seats when we score, can result in the seat breaking and causing injury.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'll be feeling a bit hungover if I manage to get a ticket. It's the day after my birthday and lots of screaming kids in the ground. Great. :sick:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Had already targeted this one for an outing with Moshe Jnr.

Well done Forest.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Plastic gets very brittle after a few years, and kids jumping on seats when we score, can result in the seat breaking and causing injury.

First time I've seen it at away games where someone has been asked to stop their child standing on a seat and I go to the majority. I used to do it all those years ago too when I went with my dad.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

If Forest could sell out with full price tickets they would not be doing this promotion..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here