Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U.K. Holidays or Abroad ?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
With the cost of overseas holidays going up are you considering having a holiday at home this year.
If yes which area of the U.K. would you like to visit.
However I think the pound will recover later this year.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The missus and I will enjoy our usual fortnight in Kefalonia in May, (we have visited the same hotel in the same resort for the past seven years now), have a long weekend planned in Belfast in June, and then Thailand for twelve days in October..

Yes overseas holidays are more expensive than in previous years, but don't forget that holidaying in the uk can be expensive too.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Have been abroad a lot in last few years and have a couple of Belgian beer trips planned (April and June) so makes sense if my next one is UK based, whether it works out any cheaper or not, probably not.

Skye and the Western Isles are stunningly beautiful. I've been to Lewis/Harris a couple of times and it doesn't feel like being in the UK at all, the landscape is just so different, plus the amount of travelling involved to get there. Can really get away from other people and just relax - amazing pristine beaches all to yourself, or almost, in August, although the water (lack of) temperature will soon remind why. https://goo.gl/maps/bZxAU3xo1o12 & https://goo.gl/maps/cmxFNHeUroQ2

Have wanted to go to Orkney for along time, so may just get round to that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tour of Scotland (after a wedding) then take in Wolves away, Fuerteventura and Mexico so far

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
UK Holidays are not cheap, unless you like camping.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Off to Andorra Skiing in under 2 weeks.

Not sure about the summer. It won't be mega expensive as the Skiing is not cheap.

I think it's either take the campervan and awning down to France or risk the UK summer in the West Country somewhere.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just booked a weeks holidays in May to Edinburgh, staying in a NT apartment near castle.
Looking forward to it, can't be assed with all that airport bollox.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Bit of both. Off to Whitstable with the kids next week and then back to Kent at Easter with only Mrs W. In the summer it will be Cyprus with the kids and France with Mrs W.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Two weeks in Corfu booked and paid for. Might go to Lisbon in April. Looking for ideas for 10/14 days in September (Europe probably).
Might try the Far East next year but Mrs H is a bit wary.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Just booked a trip to the UK for Mrs. BS's big, big birthday at the end of February. Big party in Suffolk at the weekend and then tickets printed off for the Newcastle game, isn't she a lucky lady! All I have to do now is start saving for the wine and beer at UK prices.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I love holidaying in the UK - Cornwall, Dorset, South Wales, the Highlands of Scotland, Yorkshire Dales, Norfolk Broads and so much more. We're very lucky to have such varied landscape, scenery and history within a few hours drive.

That said, I look forward to a driving holiday around the Germany / Austria border this Easter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here