Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Romain Vincelot

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Nice read, thought Vincelot was very under rated for us, could cover a lot of positions and was always one who would put in a performance no matter where he played. Also scored an absolute cracker with a header against Coventry at The Amex.

Got to love the bit where they mention non English captains and list Liam Bridcutt and Russell Martin (for being Scottish).

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Would say he's one of the clubs unsung heroes of recent years. Was always going to be harder once it went back to 7 subs. Perfect for a 5 sub bench, Mr. Versatile

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Excellent read, thanks. I knew he was a passionate player for us but hadn't appreciated how intelligent and articulate he is or that he's integrated so well into English life.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Love that he refers to the Cantona kick as one of the things that made him move for English football. Legend!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good read, that.

I always liked Vincelot, very versatile as others have said. He also helped my team win the REMF quiz last year.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great signing by Poyet when the 5 sub thing came in. Also either seems to score or sent off if I am in front of the TV for Soccer Saturday

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What an excellent article. I found myself so in tune with Monsieur Vincelot. Sharing a love of the countryside, red wine, good food, and concerns over the Brexit vote.

Interesting article, I am sure that the stereotype of the "thick" footballer is somewhat out of date.

Love to see similar interviews with Calderon (Pschology graduate I think) and Orlandi who, in a programme interview, revealed that his choice of reading was Greek and Roman mythology and that he was studying Law.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
shouldnt have sold him

Well hang on a minute, the only thing that interested Brighton & Hove Albion, was his ability on the football pitch, not his IQ or his choice of reading matierial

A good performer in the lower divisions, but the Championship is a bridge too far l think. .

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Well hang on a minute, the only thing that interested Brighton & Hove Albion, was his ability on the football pitch, not his IQ or his choice of reading matierial

A good performer in the lower divisions, but the Championship is a bridge too far l think. .

That's certainly bourne out by the clubs he's moved around since - top bloke though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here