Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genes that will define our season - Reading, Newcastle and Leeds

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
We won one and lost one against Huddersfield. We don't have to play them again (unless we met in the playoffs)!

So far we've lost to Newcastle away, drawn away at Reading and beaten Leeds at home.

Reading and Newcastle at home and Leeds away will now be the critical games that we have to take something from. One of them (at least) will surely be a 6 pointer with the team who end up one place above or below us.

Our record in critically important games has been a bit mixed in recent years. We need to set our sights on at least 4 points from the two home games and will ideally need our full squad to be fit for these.

I know every game is worth the same 3 points, (home or away or whoever the opposition). Surely the results in these games will set the trend for the rest of the season....

I'm predicting 5 points -and promotion

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
From the last 20: W10 D4 L6 currently W1 D1 L1

If we can keep to the 10:4:6 then those games won't be quite so important as beating no hopers and relegation fodder.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Games that will define our season.

All of them

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Primark jeans are £11 and look like a £50+ designer pairs. Don't go for the skinny fit though.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Newcastle v Leeds, Huddersfield v Newcastle, Huddersfield v Reading, Reading v Newcastle, Reading v Leeds etc. will also define our season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Games that will define our season.

All of them
I'm thinking this, but then we should accept there are some 6 pointers that have a little more importance. The game last Thursday was one of them. At home to Reading and away to Leeds could also be.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Disagree.

We have still to play 10 of the bottom 11 teams. If we are ruthless in winning most of these (say, 8), we will be ok. That is what the terrific season to date has set up.

I am not saying these 3 games aren't important, just that they are not as imperative as for those in the chasing pack.

PG

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Disagree.

We have still to play 10 of the bottom 11 teams. If we are ruthless in winning most of these (say, 8), we will be ok. That is what the terrific season to date has set up.

I am not saying these 3 games aren't important, just that they are not as imperative as for those in the chasing pack.

PG

Good point PG 1zdra8m.gif

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Disagree.

PG

Of course but it certainly helps putting 6 points between ourselves and a competitor (should we win any of them), and furthermore it then allows us a 'slip' against the teams you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Element that always intrigues me is the 'we have have to win this game and win that game', assuming our closest rivals all keep getting 3 points week in week out. They won't.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Disagree.

PG

You're absolutely spot on. Huddersfield are currently the best of the rest, but nevertheless they are still six points (and massive goal difference) behind us . If we do manage to do exactly what you're saying and beat Burton and Ipswich in the coming few days, then at worst we are still 6 points clear of them with two fewer games for Huddersfield to overhaul us.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Disagree.

PG

Exactly right PG.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
After yesterday's draw, Newcastle are the only team who can do the double over us. Hopefully, we can prevent that.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
L6?

We've lost 4 league games all season. What am I missing?

I'm saying that if we do 10-4-6 we have a huge cushion, I am not advocating 6 more losses, but they are doable and still get promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here