Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Burton

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Assuming Baldock and Stephens are both fit.

---------------------- Stockdale ---------------------
Bruno ------- Dunk ------ Duffy ------ Pocognolli
Knockeart ---- Kayal -- Stephens ------ March
--------------- Baldock -------- Hemed -------------

Hemed deserves a start ahead of Murray IMO and fancy CH to restore the Kayal and Stephens partnership.

Potentially a very strong bench also with good striking options for the first time in ages!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Looks as good as it can be...

Rosenior in there some how would finish it :lol:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

Hemed deserves a start ahead of Murray IMO and fancy CH to restore the Kayal and Stephens partnership.

Potentially a very strong bench also with good striking options for the first time in ages!!

Excellent and fingers crossed both Baldock and Stephens are fit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Stockdale

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli

Knockaert
Kayal
Sidwell
March

Baldock
Hemed

I'd go with this. Sidwell was one of our better players yesterday and I'm not convinced Stephens should just walk back into the team at the moment.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So long as Murray & Norwood are on the bench i don't really care who starts.

Has everyone suddenly forgotten Murray's scoring record at the Amex?

Hemed has earned a first team, if that's what CH decides.
Murray has gone off the boil a bit, which is natural, he'll come back, so won't hurt him to come on a sub, giving SB or CA the other birth up front.
About the team, not the individual:bowdown:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Hemed has earned a first team, if that's what CH decides.
Murray has gone off the boil a bit, which is natural, he'll come back, so won't hurt him to come on a sub, giving SB or CA the other birth up front.
About the team, not the individual:bowdown:

No need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Assuming all minor injuries are STILL injured:-

Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli
Knockaert
Sidwell
Kayal
March
Hemed
Akpom

Walton
BFG
Tomori
Norwood
Murphy
Skalak
Murray

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I'd go with this. Sidwell was one of our better players yesterday and I'm not convinced Stephens should just walk back into the team at the moment.

Agree Sidwell should keep his place but take Stephens out of the side and the midfield, and actually the whole team, just doesn't function as well. For me if he's fit, Stephens plays.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Has everyone suddenly forgotten Murray's scoring record at the Amex?

Not at all. But the team needs to be picked on form IMO and Hemed is 3 in 3, not sure what more he can do to justify a start. Murrays worked tirelessly and maybe a rest will do him the world of good with the Ipswich game to follow on the Tuesday. Baldock and Hemed Saturday before the fresh legs of Murray and Akpom on Tuesday gives us great options.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Any 2 of Kayal, Stephens and Sidwell will be fine. IF Kayal is actually fit. He didn't look it at Huddersfield.

All that said, Burton at home, is the kind of game that Norwood is very useful in - games where we have the bulk of possession.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I'd go with this. The key issues concern the central front four: the fitness of the two you mention; Kayal over Sidwell (or even Norwood, who CH rates far higher than the collective wisdom of NSC)?; and whether CH agrees with you about Hemed and Murray.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Really? I'm totally convinced he should walk straight back into the team. He is one of the first names on the team sheet along with Stockdale, Knockaert and Dunk.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Really? I'm totally convinced he should walk straight back into the team. He is one of the first names on the team sheet along with Stockdale, Knockaert and Dunk.

100% correct. If Stephens is fit he has to play. You would have to have a screw loose to think otherwise

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Add Duffy to that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here