Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AFC Bournemouth and Southampton

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Anyone else enjoying the decline of the tin pot Cherries and Smug Eddie? Best striker (incredibly unfortunate for Wilson) out for the season again and no defence at all. The rot has seriously set in and I think they're nailed on for relegation now.

Our other South Coast neighbours Southampton are also going one way. Shocking reserve central defence for the rest of the season, cup final distraction and lack of a goalscorer, they're in serious trouble. If they don't go down this season then they will next, you can only asset strip for so long.

Would love to swap divisions with these and Palace, would make promotion even sweeter.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I will take that and despite my (first time ever) unshakable belief that we will go up,we need to finish the job first,otherwise yep in agreement..

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I don't currently have anything against either club.

The Muff seem to be in freefall though. Could go down I suppose.

I think Southampton have produced a remarkable amount of talent in recent years and I wish them well. I as was amused as anyone else was when Nigel Adkins was described as "the gopher-faced manager and his set of diving c**ts" of course

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Ever since Chelsea recalled that player from muff they have fallen apart.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Steve Cook had a mare yesterday.

Soton have a great academy, so are secure.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Would be better to have 2 local derbies if we go up next season than having to trek to the likes of Boro or Hull surely ?

'Local'? Bournemouth is 100 miles away along one of the worst roads in southern England and don't even get me started on the trains. Local compared to Boro or Hull I'll grant you but I'd rather go to, say, Leicester any day.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Anyone else enjoying the decline of the tin pot Cherries and Smug Eddie? Best striker (incredibly unfortunate for Wilson) out for the season again and no defence at all. The rot has seriously set in and I think they're nailed on for relegation now.

Our other South Coast neighbours Southampton are also going one way. Shocking reserve central defence for the rest of the season, cup final distraction and lack of a goalscorer, they're in serious trouble. If they don't go down this season then they will next, you can only asset strip for so long.

Would love to swap divisions with these and Palace, would make promotion even sweeter.

I disagree about Saints not having a goal scorer. Gabbiadini could do well and if Shane Long wasn't ignored most of the time by whispering Claude Puel I think he'd score regularly. The defence, on the other hand, is a joke. And they're the least media-friendly club in the Premier League. Several national journos plan to avoid any mention of them in tomorrow's reports of the West Ham game over their refusal to make either the manager or any players available.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
'Local'? Bournemouth is 100 miles away along one of the worst roads in southern England and don't even get me started on the trains. Local compared to Boro or Hull I'll grant you but I'd rather go to, say, Leicester any day.

I'd rather drive to Bournemouth personally.

el punal

At the beginning of the season I had Bournemouth down as relegation fodder, and although six points above the drop zone, I still reckon that with a couple more defeats in the next few games they could be sucked into the mire. Southampton I feel will be okay, but there seems to be a lot of ill-feeling and uncertainty in their camp, you just never know.

Really though, I'm not that bothered. The most important thing on my mind is the Albion and making promotion happen. Please let it be so!

larus

There’s not a huge difference in many of the teams from Newcastle down to Stoke. 11 points covering 10 teams.

It’s so hard in this league to get enough quality to be an established/safe team. Look at the start the Everytn had as an example. Let’s just enjoy our time here, as it’s more likely than not that we’ll get relegated in the not too distant future. That’s not negativity, it’s just reality. There’s only a handful of teams never to be relegated from the PL.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There’s not a huge difference in many of the teams from Newcastle down to Stoke. 11 points covering 10 teams.

It’s so hard in this league to get enough quality to be an established/safe team. Look at the start the Everytn had as an example. Let’s just enjoy our time here, as it’s more likely than not that we’ll get relegated in the not too distant future. That’s not negativity, it’s just reality. There’s only a handful of teams never to be relegated from the PL.

You have to spend £100m’s like Everton and Leicester (the latter’s squad since their title has cost fortunes), to guarantee safety.

In my opinion, neither were ever real relegation candidates this season. Allardyce and Puel are nothing special .... they simply have enough bought in quality to brush bottom half teams aside.

larus

You have to spend £100m’s like Everton and Leicester (the latter’s squad since their title has cost fortunes), to guarantee safety.

In my opinion, neither were ever real relegation candidates this season. Allardyce and Puel are nothing special .... they simply have enough bought in quality to brush bottom half teams aside.

Our path to PL stability will come from the development squad. This is the long-term plan. If we can start to get some talent coming through, some will eventually get sold for big fees (hopefully), but this will be re-invested to strengthen the overall squad.

I think the next couple of season will be as hard as this one - we may be able to now attract slightly better players as we won’t be viewed as definite relegation candidates as we were by many for this season.

The worst case scenario is we end up a bit of a yo-yo club - but after our last 20 years, that’s not exactly bad is it? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here