Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings vs Brentford

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very tough game to rate, and think we'll see quite a variety in this thread...
===

Stockdale 7.5 - good pen save, would have to see other goals again to really see if at fault at all.

Bruno 7 - dreadful start but then kicked on and involved in a lot of good stuff with Knocky in 2nd half.
Duffy 7
Uwe 5.5 - struggled, gave away a pen and didn't impose enough for me
Poc 6 - mixed game

Knocky 8 - wanted it so badly, quality balls in towards the end
Sidwell 7.5 - battled hard and was a presence
Norwood 6 - too much passed him by, couple of neat balls in.
Skalak 7 - put a glorious cross on a plate for Murphy, worked hard and was neat. Not quick enough so understandable tactical change for Solly.

Murray 7 - worked hard, not much support and didn't really get many chances
Murphy 6 - did well to create chances but then fluffed them. Doesn't make the runs Baldock does so got in Murray's way a few times.
===
March 8.5 MoM - pushed them back, great first touch, won a number of corners and a great goal.
Akpom 6 - too early to judge but didn't get involved nearly enough for me - either lazy or not match fit, suspect and hope the latter.
Hemed 7.5 - not on long but the desire so obviously there and played well.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Stockdale - 7.5
Bruno - 6.5
Duffy - 7
Uwe - 5
Pocognoli - 5.5
Knockaert - 7
Sidwell - 6.5
Norwood - 5
Skalak - 6
Murray - 5
Murphy - 5
March - 9
Akpom - 6.5
Hemed - 7.5

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Stockdale - 9. Has any BHA keeper ever stopped 3 consecutive penalties?

Bruno - 6. Vulnerable defensively and not close enough to their left wing
Hunemeier - 7. Thought he did okay and looked composed on the ball
Duffy - 6.5. Shaky and lacking composure at times, but good in the air - including for the goal
Pocognoli - 6.5. Composed on the ball but not sure that he quite offers the power and strength of Bong

Skalak - 6.5. Great ball into Murphy - should have been an assist. Did okay.
Norwood - 5. Feels like the obvious weak link in this side.
Sidwell - 6. Never really controlled the midfield and gave the ball away in the move that led to the penalty
Knockaert - 6.5. One again looked below par away from home, but looked more dangerous in the last 20 minutes.

Murray - 6. Looks tired and immobile
Murphy -6.5. Had some good moments but is not clinical enough to play through the middle.

March - 8.5. Changed the game
Hemed - 8.5. Extra pace and mobility changed the game. Deserves to start on Sat
Akpom - 7. Did okay.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very tough game to rate, and think we'll see quite a variety in this thread...
===

Stockdale 7.5 - good pen save, would have to see other goals again to really see if at fault at all.

Bruno 7 - dreadful start but then kicked on and involved in a lot of good stuff with Knocky in 2nd half.
Duffy 7
Uwe 5.5 - struggled, gave away a pen and didn't impose enough for me
Poc 6 - mixed game

Knocky 8 - wanted it so badly, quality balls in towards the end
Sidwell 7.5 - battled hard and was a presence
Norwood 6 - too much passed him by, couple of neat balls in.
Skalak 7 - put a glorious cross on a plate for Murphy, worked hard and was neat. Not quick enough so understandable tactical change for Solly.

Murray 7 - worked hard, not much support and didn't really get many chances
Murphy 6 - did well to create chances but then fluffed them. Doesn't make the runs Baldock does so got in Murray's way a few times.
===
March 8.5 MoM - pushed them back, great first touch, won a number of corners and a great goal.
Akpom 6 - too early to judge but didn't get involved nearly enough for me - either lazy or not match fit, suspect and hope the latter.
Hemed 7.5 - not on long but the desire so obviously there and played well.

Agree with you - tricky one but you've done a decent job. Poor first half, massive second.

Knocky was a bit lower for me, trying too hard and not making the right decisions.

As well as the pen save, which undoubtedly kept us in the game, Stocko made a brilliant save soon after, tipping over but agree need to see whether he could have done better. My sense for the first two was we were a bit disorganised, probably missing Dunk.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I wonder how much lower all these scores would've been if we lost.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Stockdale 8 - Couldn't have done much with the goals but kept out a penalty which was the catalyst for the comeback.
Bruno 6.5 - Slow start again from our captain which is becoming a bit of a worry got better as game progressed and got forward well, maybe this has been noted with the signing of Tomori.
Poco 7 - Another decent defensive performance and has a lot of defending to do with Skalak in front.
Duffy - 7. - Pretty dependable as always and came up with a goal and nearly got a 2nd.
Uwe - 6 - Definatly suffering from a bit of rustiness, backed off and off before giving away the penalty, good to get Dunky back.
Knockheart - 7.5 - Tried too much at times and gets frustrated but I love passion and he came up with the goods when it mattered.
Skalak 6 - One good cross but that's it really, he doesn't help the defence enough and i'm not sure he's upto it.
Norwood 6 - His passing has really gone downhill and shows us how much we need Dale back.#
Sidwell 7.5 - Gives us a bit of bite when we need it and shows his experience throughout, great player.
Murray 6- Didn't have much ball to work with but seems to have gone off the boil lately, needs a rest.
Murphy 7 - Wasn't too bad in a poor first half, a few nice turns and showed a bit of creativity.

March MOM 8.5 - Game changer, great pace confidence and goal, more of this please.
Hemed 7.5 - Another important goal, missed a sitter before but managed to forget that and go on to score. Should start Sat.
Akpom 7 - Looks strong and did ok.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I saw enough to believe Hemed deserves a start instead of Murray, likewise for March>>>Skalak.

I think Hemed should start the away games. It wasn't long ago when it was the general consensus that Murray wasn't performing away. Then he scored a couple? and it was all forgotten.

He's reverted back to type now so start Hemed.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
this is about right perhaps a 8.5 for Duffy . 7 for akpom

I thought Duffy got better and better as the game went on, and he was a real attacking threat during the onslaught of the last 15 minutes.
However, pretty sure it was him that lost his marker, who then headed in for their 2nd goal ... hence only 7 :)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Stockdale 8 - Couldn't have done much with the goals but kept out a penalty which was the catalyst for the comeback.
Bruno 6.5 - Slow start again from our captain which is becoming a bit of a worry got better as game progressed and got forward well, maybe this has been noted with the signing of Tomori.
Poco 7 - Another decent defensive performance and has a lot of defending to do with Skalak in front.
Duffy - 7. - Pretty dependable as always and came up with a goal and nearly got a 2nd.
Uwe - 6 - Definatly suffering from a bit of rustiness, backed off and off before giving away the penalty, good to get Dunky back.
Knockheart - 7.5 - Tried too much at times and gets frustrated but I love passion and he came up with the goods when it mattered.
Skalak 6 - One good cross but that's it really, he doesn't help the defence enough and i'm not sure he's upto it.
Norwood 6 - His passing has really gone downhill and shows us how much we need Dale back.#
Sidwell 7.5 - Gives us a bit of bite when we need it and shows his experience throughout, great player.
Murray 6- Didn't have much ball to work with but seems to have gone off the boil lately, needs a rest.
Murphy 7 - Wasn't too bad in a poor first half, a few nice turns and showed a bit of creativity.

March MOM 8.5 - Game changer, great pace confidence and goal, more of this please.
Hemed 7.5 - Another important goal, missed a sitter before but managed to forget that and go on to score. Should start Sat.

Spot on.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale 8
Bruno 6
Pog 6
Huneimeier 6
Duffy 8 MOTM
Norwood 5
Sidwell 6
Skalak 6
Knockeart 8
Murphy 6
Murray 6

March 8
Hemed 8
Akpom 6

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Stockdale - 8
Bruno - 6.5
Duffy - 8
Uwe - 5.5
Pocognoli - 6.5
Knockaert - 7
Norwood - 5
Sidwell - 6.5
Murphy - 5.5
Skalak - 6
Murray - 6.5

March - 8
Hemed - 7.5
Akpom - 6

Hughton - 7 (got it wrong first half but the right substitutions made in the second half)

Supporters - 9 (Tremendous support throughout the game even when 2-0 down.)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Watched on beam back....using Mellotrons original marks.....with me 6 is average

Stockdale 8 - penalty save was the difference between us capitulating or getting back in it. Maybe lucky but to me MOTM because of that moment

Duffy8 had to cover a lot of issues with Uwe , great goal
Uwe 5 - struggled, gave away a pen and didn't impose enough for me
Poc 6 - mixed game but some signs of class - that back heel thing when he was defending near goal line straight out of Bruno's book

Knocky 7 - why oh why didn't he play like he did second half in first half
Sidwell 7.- battled hard and was a presence
Norwood 5- too much passed him by, couple of neat balls in, too weak for 2 man CM role and TOO dangerous if he is playing in front of back 4 e.g backward header but also lost ball there a few times

Murray 6 - worked hard, not much support and didn't really get many chances
Murphy 5 - missed two sitters, had we scored then we would have won
===
March 8. - pushed them back, great first touch, won a number of corners and a great goal.
Hemed 7.5 - not on long but the desire so obviously there and played well. don't understand why he did not start. Missed a sitter but I have a feeling had it gone in ref would have blown up for a foul[/QUOTE]

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Err, Murphy was absolutely dire in the first half. He failed to deliver on pretty much every move he was involved in. When he broke down the middle he failed to get his shot on target and when one on one on the right hand side he held it up and eventually we just got a corner. He seems to have no bottle to use the skill he undoubtedly has.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
So reading these posts... a common theme is Norwood getting low ratings.... I agree with them from previous games.... what is it that CH sees in him that I don't....?.... he is slow and the game federally passes him by.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Stockdale 7 Penalty save kept us in game
Poc 6 Wide player went past at will
Duffy 7 Like at Huddersfield vunerable when nippy forwards play one twos.
Uwe 6 Marked down for lunging in for penalty but did ok
Bruno 6 Similar to Poc wide player went past at will. Player had free header for goal
Norwood 5 Contributed very little.
Sidwell 6 Lots of involvement in second half.
Ward 6 Tempted to mark up because was dangerous and on another day would of had 2 goals
Murray 5 Very poor.Only interested in getting on end of crosses and obtaining free kicks.
Skalak 3 May make odd tackle but contributes nothing going forward.
Knockhaert 6 So bad in 1st half not true. 2 great assists. Has he lost ability to go past or has he been sussed.
March 8 Has to be MOM as changed game.

Fantastic entertainment and credit for fighting back. At 2.2 I thought only us looked like winning.
Cannot understand why Kayal not playing instead of Norwood and hopefully wont see Skalak again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here