Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy & Knockaert

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Apologies if this is hidden in one of the match threads but did anyone else notice the interaction between Duffy & Knocky today? They were well and truly at each other at times.

Both wear their hearts on their sleeves so not sure if it was an argument or attempted motivation or what. Quite hard to work out on beam back. My mate noticed it first & we both picked up on it after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Duffy certainly gave Knockaert a right coating for not chasing back in the move that led to what looked like being the Brentford winner.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
They were also supportive of each other when we were back on level terms. So I think just venting frustration as both are passionate p[layers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Duffy seemed to be really giving Knocky a positive word towards the end of the game.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They were also supportive of each other when we were back on level terms. So I think just venting frustration as both are passionate p[layers.

You're probably right, and no different from us argumentative children that call ourselves supporters during 90 mins. All is forgiven with a kiss, cuddle and pint after the game.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
AK was also more than happy to appeal for handball incessantly while the opposition just dallied about with the ball as well, not closing down and keeping the pressure. Probably the type of nonsense SD can't be arsed with. Like cats and dogs, players like that.

EDIT

All is forgiven with a kiss, cuddle and pint after the game.

Exactly.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Apologies if this is hidden in one of the match threads but did anyone else notice the interaction between Duffy & Knocky today? They were well and truly at each other at times.

Both wear their hearts on their sleeves so not sure if it was an argument or attempted motivation or what. Quite hard to work out on beam back. My mate noticed it first & we both picked up on it after that

LOL 'interaction'........Duffy was going absolutely apeshit at him. Haven't watched the replays yet but Duffy, along with Bruno, was laying into him after Brentford's third - can only think he was out too wide or didn't track his man.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Duffy certainly gave Knockaert a right coating for not chasing back in the move that led to what looked like being the Brentford winner.

And rightly so. I get the feeling that Knockaert needs reining in sometimes and other times needs to be reminded of his defensive duties - especially away from home. I really wouldn't be surprised if Duffy has a standing order from Hughton to do this as well. When it comes to defence, Duffy and Dunk should have carte blanche to control that aspect.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
LOL 'interaction'........Duffy was going absolutely apeshit at him. Haven't watched the replays yet but Duffy, along with Bruno, was laying into him after Brentford's third - can only think he was out too wide or didn't track his man.

At that point he was going apeshit but it carried on in to something else. Hard to see with 1 camera but we were pretty sure they'd made up by the end.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I love Duffys passion. Bit unfair on knocky though when you consider he set up two goals with brilliant crosses, almost won a pen and his run meant the ball fell to March. Unbelievable. And then you look on the other wing and we've got Murphy and Skalek who are supposedly picked ahead of March because they are better at defending yet BOTH didn't track back for the first goals in the last two games so we might as well have March defending than those two!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here