Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wagner vs Monk

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I missed what happened between them today but understand both were sent to the stands, with Monk accusing Wagner of being classless and Wagner kind of conceding the blame and being apologetic. All seemed a bit mental from the highlights.

I get the emotions aspect attributing to the fracas but I'm sure if that were to be Mourinho vs Wenger then there would be much more to be made of it.

Not wanting to rely on others misfortune in benefiting us but do we think action will be taken by the league? A nice bit of disruption for our rivals perhaps.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
In a nutshell, Wanker ran halfway down the pitch to celebrate a goal with the Udds players. They obviously need to extend the managers boxes!!!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Both should definately get hefty touchline bans. It will be purely down to Newcastle how long though.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Huddersfield scored what looked like a controversial winner (initially looked offside, it wasn't and the last touch came from a Leeds player). Wagner runs across the field celebrating and joins the jubilant players, kind of thing you'd love if it was your manager but truly detest if it was against you. Walking back to the sideline, Monk steps forward into Wagner's path in a sulk and looks like he's about to say something about his celebration when Wagner starts pushing and shoving Monk. Then everyone from the benches are involved.

No action will be taken whatsoever, I'd love it if Hughton did that in the 90th minute to get a winner in a tight game.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Huddersfield scored what looked like a controversial winner (initially looked offside, it wasn't and the last touch came from a Leeds player). Wagner runs across the field celebrating and joins the jubilant players, kind of thing you'd love if it was your manager but truly detest if it was against you. Walking back to the sideline, Monk steps forward into Wagner's path in a sulk and looks like he's about to say something about his celebration when Wagner starts pushing and shoving Monk. Then everyone from the benches are involved.

No action will be taken whatsoever, I'd love it if Hughton did that in the 90th minute to get a winner in a tight game.

I think if Hughton did that he'd get sectioned.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I missed what happened between them today but understand both were sent to the stands, with Monk accusing Wagner of being classless and Wagner kind of conceding the blame and being apologetic. All seemed a bit mental from the highlights.

I get the emotions aspect attributing to the fracas but I'm sure if that were to be Mourinho vs Wenger then there would be much more to be made of it.

Not wanting to rely on others misfortune in benefiting us but do we think action will be taken by the league? A nice bit of disruption for our rivals perhaps.

There would. That's the Premier League for you.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Whether you'd love it or not is irrelevant. It's against the laws, it's the second time he's done it this season and to then have a physical altercation with your opposite number is plain out of order - Monk deliberately started that bit too. Both deserve 3 game touchline bans - no doubt about it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have to say there should be some kind of decorum from a manager, none of which was displayed by Wagner. I know in the heat of the game you can get carried away, but that was just pure madness.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Monk said after barging him 'have some ****ing respect' by the look of it. He more or less said the same in his post match interview.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have to say there should be some kind of decorum from a manager, none of which was displayed by Wagner. I know in the heat of the game you can get carried away, but that was just pure madness.

This. If I had been Monk I would have been tempted to chin him on his way past.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
[yt]htCFSA4BoNk[/yt]

Hmm. Handbags by the look of it, if you exclude the brawl afterwards. Maybe "failing to control their players", but I would doubt it.

Will probably be nothing.

The other angle (tele) made it look like Wagner was gonna bite his ears off!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Hmm. Handbags by the look of it, if you exclude the brawl afterwards. Maybe "failing to control their players", but I would doubt it.

Will probably be nothing.

The other angle (tele) made it look like Wagner was gonna bite his ears off!

Failing to control their Manager perhaps!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I dislike Wagner intensely for some reason and was getting pissed off with the apparent Wagner love-in on Sky the other night between all the commentators, saying how amazing he was for getting Huddersfield to where they were, completely overlooking the more impressive job Hughton has done in getting us into an even better position, tossers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[yt]htCFSA4BoNk[/yt]
Physically impossible, either way, for that to have involved Hughton.

But were it to have happened, I'd fully expect a minimum of 13 red cards, for the Albion alone.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Looked like Monk intentionally shoulder barge Wagner as he was running back past Monks technical area after celebrating down the other end of the pitch for the late minute winner, then words were exchanged, players etc got involved.

D

Deleted member 22389

Got to admit Huddersfield have had a fantastic week, but let's get our own game back on track, and those two can fight it off in the play offs.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Both in the wrong and both have basically admitted such. Wagner apologised and Monk came out with the "don't like that sort of behaviour and won't tolerate it..." stuff which really meant, "yeah I stepped out in front of him in a sly shoulder barge way but I'm not going to say that am I FFS?".

Nothing more will happen though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here