Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Happy "Garry Nelson Day" everyone

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Yes, I know it was a cup game, but Brentford away always conjures up memories of THAT goal. For those of you that were there, have you seen a better one live?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, I know it was a cup game, but Brentford away always conjures up memories of THAT goal. For those of you that were there, have you seen a better one live?

Nope, never.

Agonisingly, the game wasn't televised, and of course it was before the days of the world wide web, so no recording of it, (as far as l know), was ever made. Oh if only I could relive it again!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Best Albion goal I've ever seen by some distance. I was on the terrace on the side close to where the move started and remember thinking 'he's surrounded how are we going to get anything from here' and then suddenly in what seemed like one fluid movement he had taken 4/5 men out and was heading towards the penalty area. I would still remember that movement if things had come to nothing from there but what happened next led to an explosion of disbelief from player and fans alike. I will always remember his face as he ran to us.

As it was a cup game and we were promotion contenders he would probably have been rested these days. How times change.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Still remember that goal as if it were yesterday. I was right in line with his run. Remember screaming to cross it to Bremner - before he did the unthinkable. Best goal I have seen live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here