Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Huddersfield Drum

Lush

Mods' Pet
At Huddersfield, they had a very noisy section, complete with drum, filling the other half of the 'away end'.

The drum wasn't just mindless thumping, it was part of some really good chants/singing - songs that often spread to the other stands. It all made for a brilliant home atmosphere (helped no doubt by a quality performance from Huddersfield on the pitch)

In our half of the 'away end', you could barely hear yourself think, let alone get any chants going. It was virtually impossible to compete.

Is this a shame? A good idea? What do other people think who went to Huddersfield?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
At Huddersfield, they had a very noisy section, complete with drum, filling the other half of the 'away end'.

The drum wasn't just mindless thumping, it was part of some really good chants/singing - songs that often spread to the other stands. It all made for a brilliant home atmosphere (helped no doubt by a quality performance from Huddersfield on the pitch)

In our half of the 'away end', you could barely hear yourself think, let alone get any chants going. It was virtually impossible to compete.

Is this a shame? A good idea? What do other people think who went to Huddersfield?

Wasn't there but I've always believed that IF the drum is used correctly it can massively help the atmosphere, unfortunately this vary rarely is the case and usually all you can hear is mindless banging..

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It sounded appalling at Huddersfield. It is probably the only thing that would make me consider cancelling my season ticket.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Do you mean the actual drum or when they played it through loud speakers?

Many plant it next to the away fans in order to drown them out. It definitely WAS mindless thumping at times, but those times were fewer than previous visits because they absolutely played us off the park and thus were in good voice.

Issue with a drum is it sounds absolutely atrocious when fans are not in good voice, evidenced up and down the country.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Credit to them, it was a good atmosphere. The drum i thought was used well, aided with large flags and general chants.
Not sure why some do not like a drum, sounds better than banging on corrugated iron like we did at Huddersfield at several points.

Good atmosphere for a Thursday nite.

Sent by WEI Device

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They only had a full house because tickets were a tenner it was their cup final theme night. We played crap and lost but in the grand scheme of things who cares we will bounce back it was only one game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I imagine that's the best performance they've seen in years. They were better than the league leaders for about 90 minutes.

Are you telling me the atmosphere is always that good?

No! We must stick with ALBIOOON AAALLBIIION! It creates a cauldron and gets the amex rocking!:facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's good for the home fans, and they did it well.
My objection is that it kills off any away support because they're in the same stand. If the home fans were behind their goal, creating noise, and the away fans in the away stand, it would create more noise and atmosphere.

As it was, it became very monotonous.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
They only had a full house because tickets were a tenner it was their cup final theme night. We played crap and lost but in the grand scheme of things who cares we will bounce back it was only one game.
The defeat was not the point of the thread. Yes the tickets were cheap, yes they were playing Brighton hence as you put it a cup final. The point was the atmosphere was good. And yes, let's hope we bounce back tomorrow.

Sent by WEI Device

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I was at Huddersfield.

I wanted to take hold of that f(***** drum and stick it up the a*se of the owner.

It is a joke and kills the atmosphere.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Who decides who gets to bang the drum?

What happens if it's cack?

Who decides if it's cack?

Where do I apply for Drum Major?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here