Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm probably wrong, but ...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Has anyone else noticed that we haven't played really well since Colin Calderwood left?

Bristol City away was a good performance, but Villa outplayed us in the next game. Since then we've had good patches in some games but mostly managed to get results that our displays haven't merited.

Just coincidence perhaps, but maybe we underestimated the Scot's influence. On the other hand, he certainly doesn't seem to have had a very positive influence on Villa.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I did wonder that last night when they cut to a shot of the bench. But thinking back there were some unconvincing games early on in the season (away at Reading, away at Newcastle, home to Brentford) so probably nothing in it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Has anyone else noticed that we haven't played really well since Colin Calderwood left?

Bristol City away was a good performance, but Villa outplayed us in the next game. Since then we've had good patches in some games but mostly managed to get results that our displays haven't merited.

Just coincidence perhaps, but maybe we underestimated the Scot's influence. On the other hand, he certainly doesn't seem to have had a very positive influence on Villa.

Yeah he took that influence to the Villa camp I see ??????????

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
There's no probability about it.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Record since he arrived

W.. 7 D.. 1 L.. 2

So, no, there's nothing in it.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Record since he arrived

W.. 7 D.. 1 L.. 2

So, no, there's nothing in it.

I assume you mean left not arrived.

And regardless, the OP is talking about performances not results, and I agree. Birmingham, Fulham x 2, Sheff Weds are four performances where the W perhaps wasn't deserved. And there's an argument for others, such as Cardiff, being thrown into the mix there as well.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

And regardless, the OP is talking about performances not results, and I agree. Birmingham, Fulham x 2, Sheff Weds are four performances where the W perhaps wasn't deserved. And there's an argument for others, such as Cardiff, being thrown into the mix there as well.

'Deserved' is irrelevant.

The first consideration of Association Football is that the team that score more goals than the opponents is the winner. And that's exactly what happened. Everything else is white noise.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Big Brentford up all you like, but Villa were SHOCKING in that game.

If he had good influence here he most certainly hasn't taken it there.

As they proved against Villa, given the chance Brentford's midfield will outmove and outpass anyone in the league. The key is the phrase "given the chance..."

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
'Deserved' is irrelevant.

The first consideration of Association Football is that the team that score more goals than the opponents is the winner. And that's exactly what happened. Everything else is white noise.

But perhaps 'deserved' is a clue to likely results in the future. It's difficult to continue playing poorly while getting good results, even with the attacking and defensive weapons we undoubtedly possess.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another BITTER Dick Tight LAPDOG sniping at the club again. Who do you want as Hughton's No.2 then ? The CLIPBOARD Kid maybe ? Or what about Dean 'SATELLITE Dish' White ?

SALDE for me

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Thought we played well against :lolol:, and managed the game expertly once down to ten. They were dangerous for a five or ten minute spell prior to Murray's sending off, but they didn't create too much after that. We, on the other hand, were extremely good in the first half in which they got a lucky goal, and we should have scored more. Agree about the others though, but as has been pointed out, we have an amazing ability to shut things out, turn it on for short periods, and come out smiling.

I'm not so sure there's many games this season when we have played well. Villa battered us and only got a point, and I thought Wolves looked tidy round our parts.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here