Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do players feel the need post apologies on twitter for losing ?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The time when it would have made an impact, when we were endlessly losing under Hyypia, there was a deafening silence from all the players on Twitter, because none of them cared and they all knew they could coast.

They've all had media training now and are basing a lot of their tweets on advice. Murray's post-match ones are like those bots you can sign your social media accounts over to where they aggregate your previous posts and fart out the thing you're most likely to say.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's alright when it seems genuine and is actually them writing it.

The club Twitter commented the other day to someone that we 'don't do that here' after someone pointed out the similarities in 2 players' tweets for what it's worth...

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
The time when it would have made an impact, when we were endlessly losing under Hyypia, there was a deafening silence from all the players on Twitter, because none of them cared and they all knew they could coast.

They've all had media training now and are basing a lot of their tweets on advice. Murray's post-match ones are like those bots you can sign your social media accounts over to where they aggregate your previous posts and fart out the thing you're most likely to say.

I'm easily pleased. So when, after the Preston defeat, Murray said he was looking forward to Wednesday on Friday I was done. Really enjoyed that.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
You can usually guess what a player is going to tweet depending on the result. It's either

Massive result today and togetherness from the lads! Fans were different class! #team

Or

Not good enough today! Fans were different class! Learn from it and move on #wegoagain

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's the age we live in, and if they didn't twitter some would say that they didn't care. I don't use Twitter but this is why people have it, to speak ones thoughts.

In all honesty the players would have been much more disappointed than us. They can't escape from the game because it's their job to figure out what went wrong and be ready for Sunday. Clearly DS was troubled by what happed and he expressed himself.

Even though I don't use twitter it was still good to hear what he posted via NSC.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Really don't get why supporters waste their time with footballers of celebs as hardly any of them like or reply....noticed a skalak one on facebook the other day....even this donkey doesn't like or reply and with no interaction it's pointless.

People need to delete as it really is getting stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here