Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How good were Huddersfield though!

batch_91

Jul 14, 2012
Sheffield/Portslade
How bad were we last night!? Knockaert running 50 yards with the ball then passing it 10 yards directly to the full back was my personal highlight.

But we didnt lose against some rubbish side that scored a few lucky goals. Huddersfield were bloody good and didnt let us settle at all.

They totally played us off the park and looked like one of the best sides in the division last night.

The fans chant of "David Wagner, hes better than Klopp" summed up how their high pressing game has come straight off of the Dortmund blueprint.

Maybe they were over excited to be on the telebox and playing against the league leaders, but I dont think we will come up against many teams like that outside of Anfield.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very...but they have been for most of the season.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
We were comprehensively outplayed. They were at it from the off and we could have been 3 down in 10 minutes. I like to think it was them playing well, but we were not so good either - they walked and passed their way through our midfield and defence at will.

To be fair, was always going to be one of our tougher away days, so let's hope we get back to business as normal on Sunday.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I heard that chant as "David Wagner, he's mates with the Klopp". TBH I'm probably wrong as I couldn't really understand anything they were singing.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
How bad were we last night!? Knockaert running 50 yards with the ball then passing it 10 yards directly to the full back was my personal highlight.

But we didnt lose against some rubbish side that scored a few lucky goals. Huddersfield were bloody good and didnt let us settle at all.

They totally played us off the park and looked like one of the best sides in the division last night.

The fans chant of "David Wagner, hes better than Klopp" summed up how their high pressing game has come straight off of the Dortmund blueprint.

Maybe they were over excited to be on the telebox and playing against the league leaders, but I dont think we will come up against many teams like that outside of Anfield.

11 posts in four and a half years - have you been saving yourself from premature ejaculation :moo:

Or been locked up to protect us 'normal people' :ohmy:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who did Huddersfield add in January, how good are they, and did they lose anyone significant?

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I thought they were fantastic.
We didn't have enough energy in the middle of the pitch to compete with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Full of energy and a million miles ahead of us.....Was like a prem side playing a national league south side.
The most one sided game you'll see in the championship this season :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here