cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
any good
good experiences ,bad experiences

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Crap. Crap customer services, poor website.

What product you looking at using from them though, as that may be more useful

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Crap. Crap customer services, poor website.

What product you looking at using from them though, as that may be more useful

swapping our current account from co-op to santander it will be the only account and online

Been with them for years and have had no need to interact with staff. They used to pay 3% interest for a £3 monthly account fee but this has halved and the fee is now a fiver. I can't get a better return on short term cash so it's still a yes from me.

They also give you cash back on many DD's which should still more than cover your account fee.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Been with them for years and have had no need to interact with staff. They used to pay 3% interest for a £3 monthly account fee but this has halved and the fee is now a fiver. I can't get a better return on short term cash so it's still a yes from me.

They also give you cash back on many DD's which should still more than cover your account fee.

This. Moved from Lloyds quite a few years ago, and not regretted it once. Do pretty much all my banking online and the mobile app is fine too.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Been with them for ~20 years [when they were Abbey] - never had any serious issues - joint account with missus - switched to the 1-2-3 a/c last year - better return on your cash than any ISA for £20k
Have regular saver accounts which are also one of the top interest payers currently.

Also use then for my business banking - all done online - moving money between accounts is a doddle and setting up faster payments or standing orders also very easy.

I have several other online accounts - Santander compares well with all of them - happy and no plans to switch away.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very good except any time you have human intervention with them at that point abjectly sh1te

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We've got a Santander account, never had any issues. We make a few quid each month on DD's and savings. Website has always been user friendly.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Another 123 account holder.

Was getting £700 odd quid a year interest from them, which covered my season ticket and some.

That's now halved (and £5 fee), but still works out about £400 a year which nobody else can match.

Went in a few days ago to get a new card sent out, was in and out in 5 minutes and card arrived 2 days later.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Used them for years and would recommend although as the poster above says they have just slashed interest rates on the 1 2 3 account

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Very happy to deal with you when considering saving with them, awkward and rude as hell afterwards, refused to allow me to draw out money without passport as identification, even though I had driving licence and several other proofs of address. Have since stopped banking with them and never will again.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
My wife wrote a letter to them asking to cancel a Direct Debit. I handed it to a cashier, telling her what it was. They didn't cancel the DD. I then had a long email conversation with them, repeating myself several times. They did eventually cancel it and refund her.

With the 123 account, the cashback just covers the monthly fee, so any interest you get on your savings is 'profit', so to speak.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Been with them (and Abbey previously) for over 25 years.

Always been happy with the service, both in their branches and online. Have got the 123 current account and a stocks-and-shares ISA with them.

Their website is very good - I can transfer money between accounts online easily, increase my overdraft instantly online, and add to or withdraw from my ISA: any withdrawal from my ISA is transferred to my 123 account within 3 working days at most, and sometimes the next day.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Used them for years, never had any bother. Very good with us when we were a victim of Internet banking fraud about 10 years ago. Sorted it all out for us and received all our money back.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I used to work for them, refused to move my personal account from the Co-Op, where I have been for donkeys years
The service has always been good at Co-Op, that matters most to me.

Santanda always good with products but service was in the toilet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here