Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was that our Cardiff or our Boro of last season.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Completely outplayed.

Heavily beaten.

After Cardiff we bounced back with two 4-0 wins one away one at home, got 32 points from 14 games. (I think)...

After Boro we went on a 8 game winless run in which we scored 0 goals.

What will happen after yesterday?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Completely outplayed.

Heavily beaten.

After Cardiff we bounced back with two 4-0 wins one away one at home, got 32 points from 14 games. (I think)...

To be fair Chris Hughton said earlier in the season when we were on a long unbeaten run, that we would go through a few bad times, have a few defeats, it's a long season after all, but your right, it's how we come back from the odd defeat that could define our season. Lose again on Sunday, and losing could easily become a habit that's difficult to get out of.

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
I watched Brentford play against Villa on Tuesday and they completely passed Villa off the park. It was 3 but could have been any number of goals:a very similar game to us last night really. As much as it would be hell on here for a couple of days if we lose, I think it would only last a couple of days. Burton have been AWFUL. We should win that comfortably even if we play badly, and if we do win comfortably, I think it will put us back into a winning spirit. Ipswich at home the weekend after should help too. Winning fixes everything.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Completely outplayed.

Heavily beaten.

Lets hope we bounce back similar to Cardiff. Last season the Boro game was the third game of 8 without a win, and the first of 6 games without scoring.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I hope so. it's dificult getting through seasons losing as few games as we do. That said I'd like to think that the manager and payer sare not brushing that performance off as one of those things but are realy working on turning it around on sunday. Judging by the Murray/Stockdale tweets and Hughton's post match comments I think this is very much the case.

I didn't see the Brentford Villa game but by all accounts they tore them a new one, a similarly weak performance from us will see the same outcome.

However we all know we are better than the last couple of away performances, the 60pts do not lie. We need to get back to basics, be aggressive and take the game to Brentford and show them how we managed to get to the top of the league. The Huddersfield performance was so bad I would expect it to sharpen minds and attitudes. I think we can bounce back. We have done it before and we can do it again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here