Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno out for Sunday

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Apparently Bruno won't be available on Sunday for the Brentford game.

After the way he took the Huddersfield wide receiver out of bounds at the 40 yard line in the opening seconds last night, he's just had a late call-up from the Atlanta Falcons for the Super Bowl.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

After the way he took the Huddersfield wide receiver out of bounds at the 40 yard line in the opening seconds last night, he's just had a late call-up from the Atlanta Falcons for the Super Bowl.

I don't think that's right. I'm not sure you can just leave a football club and go and play American Football when you're still contracted to the football club.

I'm guessing your source has got it wrong, I'm afraid.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't think that's right. I'm not sure you can just leave a football club and go and play American Football when you're still contracted to the football club.

I'm guessing your source has got it wrong, I'm afraid.

I'm inclined to agree. Also, even if it were somehow possible for Bruno to break the terms of his Albion contract, I don't believe that the Atlanta Falcons would be prepared to sign a 36 year old Spaniard who has never played American football in his life, less still give him his debut in the Superbowl.

Crossed wires perhaps?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

With that beard there is no way he is going to get through US Immigration now. I call BS.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm inclined to agree. Also, even if it were somehow possible for Bruno to break the terms of his Albion contract, I don't believe that the Atlanta Falcons would be prepared to sign a 36 year old Spaniard who has never played American football in his life, less still give him his debut in the Superbowl.

Crossed wires perhaps?

It would certainly raise eyebrows but I don't think it would be a good idea. He's more likely to start for us than the Atlanta Falcons.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He would have given away a foul for holding with a 5 yard penalty and automatic first down.

I'm surprised the Falcons are interested in him based on that.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
If he turns up to US immigration with a Spanish accent they might think he's Mexican, so Donald would build a wall around him.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He's got the chance to hold aloft the championship trophy in May. If he decided to go to America all he'd get is a chance to touch a bowl as it was passed around, however super it supposedly is.

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
After pondering on this myself a while and perusing some good points made by subsequent comments, I'm beginning to think this is not very likely. Do you think, perhaps, that this story could have been a fabrication intended to amuse? A joke, if you will.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
After pondering on this myself a while and perusing some good points made by subsequent comments, I'm beginning to think this is not very likely. Do you think, perhaps, that this story could have been a fabrication intended to amuse? A joke, if you will.

I've seen some ridiculous posts on NSC but I think this takes the biscuit

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bruno wasn't to bad on the ball compared to some. He was effectively out the game from the 2nd minute after that booking and then the challenge the ref didn't punish.

The way he was getting pulled about at times though could be an insight into what would happen each week if we went up but then we'd be up against teams that good weekly anyway so we'd have to combat this / sign some better quality otherwise it could get bloody miserable up there. . . . not that I'd mind that thought right now

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here