Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunks red.....

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Anyone else think that he was going to get away with it until the 4th official saw the replay? Seemed a bit of a coincidence the second after that was shown the ref held his ear piece and went over to Dunk.

*Not saying it wasn't worthy of a yellow - it was, but maybe if wasn't televised may have got away with it.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Anyone else think that he was going to get away with it until the 4th official saw the replay? Seemed a bit of a coincidence the second after that was shown the ref held his ear piece and went over to Dunk.

*Not saying it wasn't worthy of a yellow - it was, but maybe if wasn't televised may have got away with it.

I thought it looked a certain yellow as it happened but became less so on the replay.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Dunk stopped to talk to the 4th official when leaving the field.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I thought the card for that incident alone was a bit harsh, but i guess as he had been given a talking to before about using his body it was fair enough.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It was a stupid tackle to make when he was on a yellow and reminiscent of what he did in the QPR and Derby games last season.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
To my mind it was a standard yellow card. Off his feet and didn't get the ball.

If it took the 4th official to help the ref make the right decision then so be it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Surprised it is even up for debate. The petulant Mr Dunk rearing its ugly head again.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Both yellow cards in my view didn't get the ball so second yellow was inevitable :wave:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Except it was along the ground, studs down, and did get the ball ???

He wasn't upright, therefore is off his feet. On one angle it looked like he got the ball, in the other it is clear he gets the player who then touches the ball

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Absolute clear yellow card. I'd be worried if between a 4th official and a ref they couldn't work that one out during any game. It belong televised was irrelevant. Dunk was always walking.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It was obvious after HT it would be hard to get anything, so was thinking just avoid injuries and suspensions and move on. Thank you Lewis...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surprised it is even up for debate. The petulant Mr Dunk rearing its ugly head again.
You say petulant, I say passionate and determined. He doesn't make all the last ditch game saving tackles by being chilled out and thoughtful. He cares a great deal about our success and plays full on. Sometimes he gets it wrong, as all players like that would. His mistake last night didn't cost us anyway.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here