Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Think we will improve a lot at Brentford

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Think the result and especially the manner in which they lost, will hit the team hard. I think we will see a much better performance, high energy pressing game at Brentford and I don't think we will lose there.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I doubt it to be honest, banking on getting back to winning ways against Burton and expecting another torrid game on Sunday. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If we're not at our best Wood, Judge, Jota and Vibe will rip us a new one so it's another very tricky away day. But a loss up there will not be the end of our season. We're definitely going through a slump in form atm but we'll turn the corner, possibly after the Brentford game.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I think a good show on Sunday is vital because if not it will heap loads of pressure on us to get 6 points against Burton & Ipswich

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If we're not at our best Wood, Judge, Jota and Vibe will rip us a new one so it's another very tricky away day. But a loss up there will not be the end of our season. We're definitely going through a slump in form atm but we'll turn the corner, possibly after the Brentford game.

Are Brentford really all that?

Yes, they are. They beat us soundly at the Amex. We won't be able to put our best team out against them, either, so I'm not expecting anything.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Think the result and especially the manner in which they lost, will hit the team hard. I think we will see a much better performance, high energy pressing game at Brentford and I don't think we will lose there.

This part is wishful thinking, with the game less than three days after chasing shadows all night at Huddersfield, with 28% possession.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, they are. They beat us soundly at the Amex. We won't be able to put our best team out against them, either, so I'm not expecting anything.

Another game where Bruno had a total brain fart.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Lets face it, after last night's performance we surely can't get any worse.

I always believe you play as well as the opposition allow....Hats off to Huddersfield they did not allow us to play..Brentford are a good side who with Newcastle are the only team able to get six points off us.

I hope for a win but would be content with a point.

I also think we will improve. We have a decent squad and a decent manager who know what to do.

On other threads where we were predicting results for upcoming fixtures not many were expecting us to get much out of last nights game, so any meltdown is a bit OTT in my opinion. In a funny kind of way, this emphatic defeat might help to focus minds a to what we need to do to sort it out, where as a poor performance we we scraped a draw might not have done.

Still saying we need 8 more wins and possibly just 7 (as long as we overcome Reading and Leeds in those 7). Looking at our remaining fixtures we will be just fine.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Extra 2 days rest, and having won 3-0 at home whereas we travelled up to Huddersfield and got done 3-1 chasing shadows.

Goldson/Hunemeier to step in, neither of whom played well against non-league Lincoln. It won't be easy.

Then again until Villa, Brentford had only won 1 in 8 at home and blow very hot and cold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here