Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pessimist Alert !

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Not looking forward to next season whatever happens.

1. Manage to get promoted. Unable to attract or invest in PL standard players to enhance squad, despite all the millions = numerous thrashings (home and away) Did anyone watch Man City the other night ? Think of how good Huddersfield were and times it by 10.

2. Mess it up and flop in play offs again = fire sale or loss of Stockdale, Dunk, Knockaert, Stephens (possibly Hughton). Complete summer transfer window where we can't solve the striker issue (bi-annual saga) Mid to bottom half of table season at best.

Never mind - not time to be thinking of whether to renew the season ticket just yet.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not sure pessimist is the right term – more like miserable bugger.

Why are people worried – if you REALLY think about it? Remember when Leeds came down the other month and were absolute gash? That wasn't a true representation of what they are like – clearly as they are on an amazing run. But teams have bad games and the boys had a stinker last night.

One bad game doesn't make them a bad team! We're top of the league with games in hand on some of the chasing pack, FFS.

Not sure I get your first scenario, either. Why would we not be able to attract or invest in PL players if we get promoted? What are you basing that on? And even if we WERE thrashed ever week, TB has made some money, there's a bit of financial stability in the club and the fans get to watch Premier League football.

Talking of which, if you really ARE thinking about whether to renew your season ticket – don't bother. We don't need fans like you – I'd rather the place was filled with people who get behind the team whoever is on the pitch and whichever division they are in.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Top of the league and thinking about whether or not to renew season ticket... face palm.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Top of the league and thinking about whether or not to renew season ticket... face palm.

If you had a 350 mile round trip to every home game and keep finding they have all been switched to evening KOs you might give it some consideration.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I'm not sure pessimist is the right term – more like miserable bugger.

Why are people worried – if you REALLY think about it? Remember when Leeds came down the other month and were absolute gash? That wasn't a true representation of what they are like – clearly as they are on an amazing run. But teams have bad games and the boys had a stinker last night.

One bad game doesn't make them a bad team! We're top of the league with games in hand on some of the chasing pack, FFS.

Not sure I get your first scenario, either. Why would we not be able to attract or invest in PL players if we get promoted? What are you basing that on? And even if we WERE thrashed ever week, TB has made some money, there's a bit of financial stability in the club and the fans get to watch Premier League football.

Talking of which, if you really ARE thinking about whether to renew your season ticket – don't bother. We don't need fans like you – I'd rather the place was filled with people who get behind the team whoever is on the pitch and whichever division they are in.

I'm definitely a miserable bugger ! Mind you 58 years of supporting the Albion doesn't help.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If you had a 350 mile round trip to every home game and keep finding they have all been switched to evening KOs you might give it some consideration.
Fair point, I only have an exactly 3.5 mile trip

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Football is depressing when you are bottom half of the table, but pretty much safe from relegation...

You have far too many nil-nil draws, particularly at home as your manager recognises the limitations of the players he has and has modest ambitions.
Your best youngsters are looking to move on in the summer to more attractive clubs
Your best players are disinterested or past their prime.
Your Board is split and no one is looking to invest any further funds.
Debts are rising, your stadium is dilapidated and half empty.

If you can't enjoy the here and now, maybe football isn't for you.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Football is depressing when you are bottom half of the table, but pretty much safe from relegation...

You have far too many nil-nil draws, particularly at home as your manager recognises the limitations of the players he has and has modest ambitions.
Your best youngsters are looking to move on in the summer to more attractive clubs
Your best players are disinterested or past their prime.
Your Board is split and no one is looking to invest any further funds.
Debts are rising, your stadium is dilapidated and half empty.

If you can't enjoy the here and now, maybe football isn't for you.

I am enjoying the here and now. It's next season that worries me !

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Why on earth would this be the case?? If we go up we're instantly a great prospect for PL quality players.

a) So are all the other PL teams.
b) Would we be prepared to spend the money and pay the wages ?
c) The PL "jackpot" idea doesn't appeal to me - just enjoying the games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here