Sidwell 6
March 5.5
Akpom 6

TV

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Everyone, including subs 2, apart from:
Stockdale 6 -- several cracking saves, probably at fault for third goal, and some toilet kicking
Hemed 4 -- well taken goal
Bruno first five minutes 0, rest of the first half 1, second half 6 -- at least he improved
Knockaert's second half 1
Dunk 1 -- red mist, for the third time in two seasons. There's two things preventing him from being a top, top CB: one he can do something about, the other he can't.
Akpom 6 -- the one, the only, bright spark from tonight. He's not only rapid, but he's tall and fairly strong. He showed enough to indicate that our recruitment lot have come up trumps. Just when we needed it.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Norwood on that performance must be as close to zero as I can ever remember, but I've only been watching us for 41 years.

Bruno lacking pace. Let's stop kidding ourselves, if we go up, he won't. He would be roundly targeted and murdered every single game in the Prem. Love him for what he's done, but his legs have well and truly gone now. 15 seconds in, and rugby tackling on the half way line!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Stockdale 7 could've been embarrassing if not for several good saves
Bruno 6 poor 1st half looked rusty. 2nd half thought he looked good despite always having lots of hudds players pressing him.
Duffy 6 No help in front from midfield
Dunk 6 No help in front from midfield
Pocognoli 5 Never really saw him too much
Knockaert 4 loose passes
Kayal 4 ineffective
Norwood 4 ineffective
Murphy 5 tried but struggled
Murray 5 chased back a lot would've preferred to see him going other way
Hemed 7 Never had much to work with but did ok and scored

Sidwell 6 made 1 notable clearance
March 6 looked lively but only 10 albion on pitch made it hard to impose
Akpom 7 lively and won a few balls that hudds defenders looked faves to win

was at the game

Dickie1965

Sep 27, 2016
Stockdale - 3rd goal down to him and distribution poor but some good saves as well. 5
Bruno - Desperate first ten minutes and lucky to be on the pitch. Improved with game time. 5
Duffy - Played as well as he was allowed to. No protection and great movement from Huddersfield made it very difficult. 6
Dunk - Silly red card but hardly the red mist as some are saying. See Duffy for the rest. 5
Pocgnoli - Not really in the game offensively, ok in defence. 5
Murphy - Very little ball to work with offensively but part of a midfield unit that simply failed. 4
Kayal- I hate to say it but he just looked off the pace. Not enough miles yet for this intensity. 3
Norwood - Truly horrible game. Only stayed on the pitch because We had no one else to replace him. 3
Knockaert - Worst I have seen from him. Touch was awful and he got frustrated. 3
Hemed- Well taken goal. Nothing else but the to be fair no service to feed off. 5
Murray - Tried hard and one of our better players on the night, but forced too deep to be effective. 6

Subs

Sidwell - Did pretty well all things considered. 6
March - Difficult to make any impact when he never gets the ball. Innocuous. 4
Akpom - Quick and muscular. Liked what I saw. 7

Manager - Rarely gets it wrong but I feel he did last night. Huddersfields game depends on the dominance of the central midfield area. We lost this this hands down and we're on the back foot from the start. We should have overloaded this area and played one up front I think. Hindsight I know.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale 5 - third goal was poor
Bruno 5 - awful first better second.
Pocgomoli- 6
Duffy - 8 - saved us from humiliation
Dunk - 5 - due to sending off
Knockaert- 4
Norwood- 4
Kayal - 4
Murphy- 4
Hemed - 5
Murray - 5

Sidwell - 6
March - 4
Akpom - 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Stockdale 5 - third goal was poor
Bruno 5 - awful first better second.
Pocgomoli- 6
Duffy - 8 - saved us from humiliation
Dunk - 5 - due to sending off
Knockaert- 4
Norwood- 4
Kayal - 4
Murphy- 4
Hemed - 5
Murray - 5

Sidwell - 6
March - 4
Akpom - 5

As i saw it from TV, except Hemed 6.

Thoughts:
What has happened to Stockdale's distribution?
Is Murphy up to it? I've been wondering this all season
Sidwell - second choice midfielder after Stephens

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Stockdale 3 - kept the score line down but was at fault for the 3rd, horrific kicking too
Bruno 3 - yellow within 30 secs summed it up and put him on the back foot from the outset
Duffy 6 - did ok, think he made a vital block in 1st half
Dunk 5 - not helped by MF but deserved the red (reckless)
Pocognoli 5 - ok at the back, unable to bomb on
Knockaert 4 - weak, poor touch, no real opportunity to shine.
Kayal 4 - didn't complete a pass or make a tackle
Norwood 3 - didn't offer anything
Murphy 4 - actually thought he was our best midfielder in the 1st half
Murray 4.5 - had not opprotunity
Hemed 6 MOM - just for the goal and effort

Sidwell 5 had to play at RB so unfair to judge really
March 5.felt for him
Akpom 4 didnt touch the ball

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As i saw it from TV, except Hemed 6.

Thoughts:
What has happened to Stockdale's distribution?
Is Murphy up to it? I've been wondering this all season
Sidwell - second choice midfielder after Stephens

Since you mention it. Re Murphy, no he isn't. Although he gets more flak on here, for me, Skalak is better. Defensively he tracks properly, at times Murphy ball watches.

I would also throw in Norwood, who despite having a good range of passing, basically cannot tackle and has not won a 50/50 challenge since he arrived. If you play in midfield as well as doing the 'glory' things such as 50 yard cross field balls, you also need to do the 'dirty' things as well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Norwood must be picking up a few sub 4 ratings surely.

I did think long and hard but don't like giving sub 4's!

Possibly only Harley, Best and Gardner have received one. I just can't abide a lack of effort.

Obika was a lack of ability thing as he tried. Norwood and Murphy also tried........

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Norwood on that performance must be as close to zero as I can ever remember, but I've only been watching us for 41 years.

Bruno lacking pace. Let's stop kidding ourselves, if we go up, he won't. He would be roundly targeted and murdered every single game in the Prem. Love him for what he's done, but his legs have well and truly gone now. 15 seconds in, and rugby tackling on the half way line!

I was thinking that Norwood was less than zero

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From the TV coverage

Stockdale - 6 - several decent saves, but kicking was off
Bruno - 4 - rescued things a bit with a decent second half but was truly dire and could easily have been sent off in first 10 mins
Duffy - 6
Dunk - 5 - probably MOM first half but lost his sh*t with that second yellow. Probably frustration but needs to cope with it better
Pocognoli - 5
Norwood - 3 - completely ineffective - slow, barely put a tackle in, passing wayward
Kayal - 3 - ditto
Knocky - 2 - his worst game for us by a distance, did nothing of note, gave the ball away numerous times, didn't track back as much as usual. A shocker.
Murphy - 3 - anonymous
Hemed - 6 - worked hard for not much return, took the goal well
Murray - 4 - ineffective, lost of niggly fouls again, too easily caught offside

Sidwell - 5 - did OK, solid enough but game was gone by then
Solly - 4 - did nothing of note
Akpom - 5.5 - looks quick and strong, a few promising glimpses but not the best game to judge him on. Was at least putting some effort in

CH - 4 - think he got this one wrong

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Think the only two players to come out with any kind of apology are stockers and Murray. Seems that some players only enter social media when we win and don't like to man up and say we were shit when needed.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I would say sub 4's are for a special occasion like Dan Harding being subbed off in the first half after Buckley destroyed him.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Nobody had better than a 6 rating today:

Stockdale - Bar the one obvious error, I thought he played OK and was one of our better performers. Made a fantastic save in the first half and couldn't be held accountable for the other two goals.
Back 4 - All looked over exposed by a completely absent midfield, felt sorry for them. Bruno looked rusty though to say the least.
Midfield - Easily the worst midfield display I have seen us have in the last 2 or 3 seasons. A combination of JFC and Ince would have been more effective tonight. Each midfielder, bar possibly Sidwell, deserve no more than a 3/10.
Strikers - Well taken goal aside, both were completely ineffective. No service whatsoever but neither Hemed or Murray retained possession of the ball well enough.

Thought Akpom looked lively when he came on, probably the only slight positive to take from that performance.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Stockdale - 4
Bruno - 4
Pog - 5
Dunk - 5
Duffy - 6 MOTM
Norwood - 3
Kayak - 4
Murphy - 4
Knockeart - 4
Murray - 5
Hemed - 6

Sidwell - 5
Akpom - 5
March - 5

Watching on TV

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Stockdale 5
Bruno 2 (first 20 minutes) 4 after that
Duffy 6 - MOTM
Dunk 4 (rash challenge - silly boy)
Pocognoli 4 (didn't provide anything)
Knockaert 4 (over eager and poor first touch)
Kayal 3 (misplaced passes, knocked off the ball too easily)
Norwood 3 (was he on the pitch?)
Murphy 3 (has to show more confidence in getting down the line)
Murray 4 (lost the ball too much)
Hemed 4 (no industry up front, poor first touch)

Sidwell 6 (gave us a bit of strength in the middle)
March 5 (looked startled and panicky when on)
Akpom 5 (not much to feed off)

Crowd:
Us 5
Them 10

Saw it in Huddersfield. We just weren't ready for the game. Even our crowd felt subdued and lacked noise.

They were so fired up for this. They played with speed, guile, accuracy and just took control. Their crowd was also 100% behind the team - I hate drums, but I have to say that it worked last night. We have to get our crowd out of the 'dirge song' mentality that seems to be the choice of our faithful too often. Elements of our crowd seem to like to hang onto these dreary chants like some sort of badge of honour. Anyway, I'm as responsible as anyone, but as a crowd we are nowhere near as together as our team usually is.

Crowd aside, our team just weren't ready for it. They looked like they hadn't prepared mentally for this game. We need to come out at Brentford and f***ing murder them.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockdale 6
Bruno 5
Duffy 6.5
Dunk 5.5 - loses a mark for the cards
Pocognoli 5
Knockaert 4
Kayal 5
Norwood 4
Murphy 4.5