Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The managers' comments ...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
... are absolutely spot on:

Wagner: "it was a good one, maybe one of the best this season"

Hughton: "Every now and again, you get a real bad one, and that was a real bad one ...
If we put in another performance like this against Brentford, we will lose again. We need to be far better ...
Lewis Dunk has played the ball but he was already on a yellow and he's given the referee a decision to make. It's another one for him and something he has to learn from. We are going to miss him. It's a blow."

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
2nd yellow for Lewis was a disgrace by the 'ref'... Absolute idiot in charge tonight.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Both yellows 100% nailed on cast iron yellows. The second one on the half way line ffs.

Muppet.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I don't have Player. Can anyone share what CH said in his post match interview please?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't have Player. Can anyone share what CH said in his post match interview please?

Doubt it's up on Player yet, Wedgee, but this from the BBC website:

"Every now and again you get a real bad one, and that was a real bad one.

"We were nowhere near the levels you need to play any game in this division, never mind one as good as Huddersfield, and on their own ground too.

"If we put in another performance like this at Brentford on Sunday, we will lose again. We need to be far better.

"Lewis Dunk has played the ball but he was already on a yellow and he's given the referee a decision to make. It's another one for him and something he has to learn from. We are going to miss him. It's a blow."

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone who doesn't think that the second tackle was a yellow must have the best Brighton tinted glasses in existence.

Hughton is once again absolutely spot on in what he says, as he seems to be after every game whatever the result. The only concern is the "Dunk will learn from it" bit. It is his third red card in vital games when things aren't going our way in just over a year. That suggests he isn't learning and it is more a fundamental flaw in being unable to handle pressure

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Agree. This alone would knock £ms off his value to a Prem team. Too much of a risk. He's not a young lad any more, he's in the sweet spot, and he has not learnt.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Definatly 2 yellows. I thought he almost got away with the second one with the amount of time the ref took to give it.
So Dunk is suspended for 1 game and I assume 4 more yellows this season and it's a 3 game ban for him

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Both yellows 100% nailed on cast iron yellows. The second one on the half way line ffs.

Muppet.
Dunk gets a lot of grief for his rash yellow cards. I didn't think last nights were rash, I felt he was trying to take responsibility for getting us back in the game.

Up until that point he was about the only player who was performing anything like their usual level.
He gets cards because he is 100% committed in every game no matter what the situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here