Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed's first touch

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I know this has been talked of before but it is truly awful. Whilst we tried to play 442 in the first half, because of Murray's admirable tracking back it looked a lot more like 541 a lot of the time which left Tomer trying to deal with long range balls coming his way and almost - yes I know he took the goal (just) - always his first touch was awful. In a game where we are restricted to chucking balls into the box he is always going to struggle.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wasn't good tonight from anyone but I usually think Tomer's touch & hold up play is his strongest attribute - opinions eh :shrug:

Hemed's major weak point for me is that he scuffs waaaay too many shots and rarely hits a ball cleanly for a striker!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I know this has been talked of before but it is truly awful. Whilst we tried to play 442 in the first half, because of Murray's admirable tracking back it looked a lot more like 541 a lot of the time which left Tomer trying to deal with long range balls coming his way and almost - yes I know he took the goal (just) - always his first touch was awful. In a game where we are restricted to chucking balls into the box he is always going to struggle.
With respect, Mr Hornblower, but did you not watch this evening, if anyone needs calling out over their poor first touch it is Murray, absolutely dreadful tonight.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
With Murphy and Norwood in the starting eleven, it's kind of hard for me to throw too much blame Hemed's way.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
FFS, bad night at the office! Didn't see you mentioning Hemed's first touch when we were winning!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I doubt the Cardiff fans agree.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Usually I'm not impressed with Marchs touch but tonight I don't think the ball got played to him!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
With respect, Mr Hornblower, but did you not watch this evening, if anyone needs calling out over their poor first touch it is Murray, absolutely dreadful tonight.

Thank you for the 'with respect' it's a rare quality on NSC. I still maintain that Murray was dreadfully out of position due to a non-existent midfield and the need for all hands to the pump defence wise. Tomer was isolated (agreed) but when the ball did come to him his FT was woeful. I think I might just sip my Ardbeg now and bow out because I've seen enough of these roast-ups on NSC over the years to know that we are all on a loser.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Knockeart's touch was poor tonight too. And Kayal. And Norwood. And Murphy.

etc etc.

at least they all came over tonight and looked pretty shame-faced and sorry.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If you were drawing up a list of players from tonight's game to criticise, I must say that Hemed would be waaaay down the list for me

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
With Murphy and Norwood in the starting eleven, it's kind of hard for me to throw too much blame Hemed's way.
This.

I think this is the "stinker", that the folk from the bowl of silence promised us Norwood is capable of. Looked totally out his depth.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LVGull

May 13, 2016

The whole team had a touch like a rapist tonight.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Start a thread on first touch by all means, we looked like a pinball table tonight, but unfair to single out Hemed.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Murray was the only player I had any sympathy for - I thought he at least worked his socks off trying to win the ball back and fighting lost causes - mainly in our own half. He got bugger all service from an entire midfield that went missing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here